MFGamers

Super Street Fighter IV

Hendo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capcom's Seth Killian has demonstrated the confirmed new characters in Super Street Fighter IV in a series of videos over on IGN.

All-new Juri is "frankly just not a friendly girl. She's definitely evil. She's got a cybernetic purple eye," according to Killian.

She's a Korean Tae Kown Do fighter favouring kicks over punches. As well as traditional TKD moves, she has a fireball attack "with some hit frames on startup" that the player can store while moving around and then unleash as a surprise attack.

She also has a counter that allows her to dash behind or away from her opponent or up in the air; she'll take damage but can heal it back. Then there's a pinwheel attack on all three buttons, and a dive-kick with a multiple follow-up in its EX version. "She has to take chances but she has a lot of options," says Killian.

T. Hawk and Dee Jay will be more familiar, completing as they do the Street Fighter II roster. T. Hawk is a "giant Native American brawler" with dragon punch and pile-driver moves. He can close in from a distance with his condor dive and a new move called the condor spire, a reverse dragon punch. "T. Hawk's not so dangerous from far away, but when he's up close he's one of the most dangerous characters in the game," says Killian.

Dee Jay is all about owning the bottom of the screen, says Killian - his weakness is in the air. "I file Dee Jay under 'Ono's unfinished business'... He's one of the ones to watch, could be one of the strongest characters in the game," said the Capcom man.

Juri

T. Hawk

Dee Jay

Yeah, I heard on 4 Guys 1UP who had Capcom's Seth Killian as a guest, that all characters are unlocked from the get go, but also that Seth is now even more challenging. Which is probably why the characters are all unlocked. F that boss.

Bar the rip off PSN pricing, the reason i never picked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 was because all the characters were unlocked. Granted they had to change a few due to the differences with the Dreamcast, and it took a fucking age to get some of them, but I'd never play it if not to get characters. Not that it's not a good game, but once you get the knack for it you'll just tear through with your favourite character, as I did with SF4 once everyone was unlocked

DC it's Gouken

MvC2 Failed hard. Just wernt as good as the old retro days :(

Capcom today released a bunch of new Super Street Fighter IV media to the masses, including two gameplay vids of three of the new characters in action and 15 screens of the new bonus modes and such.

As well as the gameplay trailers and new screens below, Capcom's Community maestro, Seth Killian, in the latest 4 Guys 1UP podcast (via Examiner) stated that the characters in Super Street Fighter IV won't have to be unlocked... which was one of my qualms with this year's version.

Killian stated, "The good news is, and this is something I want to get out there, the thing that really sucked about Seth in the first one is that you have to beat him like 15 times to unlock all the characters. In Super Street Fighter IV, there’s no unlocks. So you can play all the characters right away."

Good news indeed!

Some new videos and screenshots too

med_BONUS_STAGE_CAR_10_PERFECT_BMP_jpgcopy.jpg

Thats the fellow. Weren't they gunning for online play with that? Not playing to unlock stuff but just for the competition that you get in multiplayer? Like some sort of digital arcade.

I guess if they're marketing this as one for the fans then that's not too bad. But if you're more casual then playing online isn't going to be much fun. I guess they could throw in some stuff to add some life to the single player, mission modes and all that, which might actually help people learn the game