passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trials HD

Hendo

I'm loving this more than ever, really enjoying the challenge of trying to get all golds on Medium.

It says something that the only negative point that springs to mind is that I would prefer being able to upload any replay, so you could upload some truly horrific and hilarious fuck ups.

It's so much game for a tenner, really is a bargain and is definitely one of the top XBLA games yet released. Could be my game of the year so far.

Could be my game of the year so far.

it's definitely up there for me too. really wasn't expecting it to be so good.

but i think i need to take a break from it for my sanity, been trying to get a gold medal on this track on hard for the last few nights and it's driving me a bit mad now.

i stumped up for the points and spent most of yesterday playing it(sick leave FTW). Its also much better then i was expecting, although the difficulty on some of the later tracks is insane. I spent over an hour yesterday trying to get over the first set of boxes on "King of the Hill". Good game though, good game.

Im stuck on the first track of Extreme. There's a bit no too far from the start where you jump over two explosion boxes onto two boxes (the boxes are higher than the platform you jump onto them from so your back wheel always hits first and you use that momentum to mount them), then you jump from these boxes over another two explosion boxes onto a platform and there's a checkpoint.. You only just make the jump and will always land back wheel first on the ground between the platform and the last explosion box. Know where i mean anyone?

I can get to this point but i can never make it on to the platform, ever.

the first set of boxes on "King of the Hill".

yeah that bit is a nightmare, took me hours, only did it in the end with pure luck. did see a tip on another forum that helped me with similar stuff on different levels though so that might help here too, when you're going up the hill, leaning forward, as you're about to take off (not quite sure on the timing) quickly let go of the stick and then lean forward again straight away.

how do you unlock more bikes? I seem to have done loads of stuff now, but nothing else has unlocked.

Cleared up the random achievements, i really enjoyed the holding down the accelerator one and the don't change position one.

Is the midnight bowling at the bottom of broken bones, or am i looking in the wrong place. If so how do i do it, managed to get to the bottom yesterday and knocked all the pins over, but the last one toppled after thepost game screen had popped up. I can't even get back down there now...

::EDIT:: Looking in the wrong place it seems...

I've nearly finished my gold run on Medium, just got Jolly Jumper to go.

Incidentally, I've currently got the top time on my friends list for Underground, 4368 in the world out of 111,241 which I'm quite proud of.

Woo yea, just finished Extreme before i had to come back to work - man that last course is a shit.

The worst part by far is just after the tractor tyres, jumping onto the two pallet ramps, the second one is a proper, proper bastard - not only landing on it but getting enough speed to launch off it to land on the oil drum before that cunt of a slope that you have to tackle next. I tried that double pallet ramp at least 1000 times, definately more.

Struggling for ages to get a silver on Dynamic Range on Hard and scooted onto the finish line and picked up a gold! :o

Watch my replay to see how flukey I got.

Just watched spatular's replay (as he's ahead of me) and he was so very close to a perfect run. It's the level with the two balls in the pit of fire, if you don't know it by name.

It's the level with the two balls in the pit of fire, if you don't know it by name.

That's the one I stopped on the other night, I just couldn't get past those balls and ended up switching off in frustration. I fail at Hard.

^ box on slope bit? the 3rd extreme level is easier than the second imo.

Struggling for ages to get a silver on Dynamic Range on Hard and scooted onto the finish line and picked up a gold! :o

Watch my replay to see how flukey I got.

that replay is ace, bet that's how the top dudes do it, jumping straight onto the second ball and hitting that glass rail thing must have saved you loads of time - kick ass!

finally got the gold on the level i was stuggling on, more retries than before makes it sort of seem pointless though.

the first set of boxes on "King of the Hill".

yeah that bit is a nightmare, took me hours, only did it in the end with pure luck. did see a tip on another forum that helped me with similar stuff on different levels though so that might help here too, when you're going up the hill, leaning forward, as you're about to take off (not quite sure on the timing) quickly let go of the stick and then lean forward again straight away.

after doing that level again last night i realise i was talking bollocks, that ^ doesn't help at all with the first bit on KOTH, sorry. not got any real plan for it just wheele a bit, wiggle the stick and hope for the best :unsure:

I went back and tried that King of the Hill level again an got over those boxes quite quickly by leaning back halfway up, then when i was in the air leaning forward and kept the throttle held down and i sort of bounced over.

Its amazing after fucking about on Extreme for so long how much better you learn to handle the bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo! I finally finished hard mode! Not all golds or anything but I never thought I'd clear them all.

I've got 2 of the Extreme tracks done but it's gonna be a long time before I get them done. Also, I got gold on one of the tournaments so I unlocked the donkey bike and that was well worth the hassle. <_<

i've given up on this now, managed to get all gold on easy/medium, finished Hard, got a few goals, but no way i'm doing all. Done the first extreme, got a few platinum's and done half the tourneys, when i go back to it now i've just got really frustrating things left to do so thats me done (until they release some more levels, or the best user levels for down load.)