passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trials HD

Hendo

Played the trial, loved it, bought it.

It plays a lot like the Monster Truck game the same dev did on the generic fruit-based smart phone.

All you have is accelerate and brake (right and left triggers) and lean forward or back with your left stick.

The leaderboard has been used in a cool way where you can see your time rival at the top of the screen, so you can see how far off you are, or ahead.

This is so much better than the PC version.

The physics are nowhere near as idiotic for a start. On the PC, if your bike began to rotate in the air you were fucked, and you had to perform some ridiculously complex moves just to get off the tutorial.

This games the shiznit. Nice and basic control wise but hard as fuck quite soon into the game. More trial and error gameplay but more fun than Splosion Man so i can forgive it. The scoreboard is all over the place, some i win, some Hendo, some Spatular, no clear leader yet! Love scoreboards me.

Oh, and i dont think ive ever moved around so much whilst playing a game in my life! Im always leaning around trying to keep my balance and looking like a proper cock.

Trials HD is awesome.

It reminds me a bit of ATV on the Spectrum, which I absolutely adored as a kid. Add in some LittleBigPlanet style physics and graphics, and it's a winner. I love the scoreboards too, and how the next one shows up on screen when you're playing, I'll definitely be going back to try and improve.

LOL @ illdog regarding the moving around, I'm exactly the same. :lol:

This games the shiznit. Nice and basic control wise but hard as fuck quite soon into the game. More trial and error gameplay but more fun than Splosion Man so i can forgive it.

Funny you say that because while I was playing it I thought that this is much harder than Splosion Man and much more about the trial and error, so if you and Sly dig it then you need to re-evaluate why you don't dig Splosion Man. To explain that in advance of the arguments, I mean that you both said you hated it because it was trial and error. So yes, I'm being picky.

I'm on the Hard difficulty now and by fuck it's hard. You can tell it's hard because suddenly all those gamertags in the leaderboard have dropped off to about 2. Supagorgoniser is a demon on this!

Currently I'm on a level with two giant balls and a pit of fire and I'm fooked if I can get past it.

Anyone made a level yet?

Supagorgoniser is a demon on this!

i practised alot on motorcross maniacs on the gameboy!

i agree this is awesome, got stuck after a few levels on hard though. thought normal was the best difficulty, where it starts to get a bit slower and more like kickstart!

have made a level, the editor is very good, going to need some time to make some really impressive levels, but its definately possible

Made a quick stab at a track and have shared it. It's piss easy but it's a first attempt.

It looks like you can choose to make your track stay true to real physics or just have everything crazy if you want.

Anyone watched the credits? :)

Anyone watched the credits? :)

Just watched them, great stuff. :lol:

I just got the Full Throttle 'cheeve, along with a couple others. The Full Throttle took me bloody ages! I ended up using the slowest bike I could, and I got there in the end.

man this is awesome, only just finished playing and my hands hurt, that pretty much says it all, but i'll say more anyway...i'm stuck on the last hard level, maybe watching some replays will help, no where near done though, need to go back and get better times/medals, some people from here have some really fast times to try and beat, and the last lot of levels are crazy, did the first one with about 9*10^999 deaths, got quite far on the second but it stops you playing when you get past 30 mins :lol: tried the last one and it's completely insane. also it's ace how it shows your friends positions in the minigames, dying is often funny. really impressed, double thumbs up :D

This games the shiznit. Nice and basic control wise but hard as fuck quite soon into the game. More trial and error gameplay but more fun than Splosion Man so i can forgive it.

Funny you say that because while I was playing it I thought that this is much harder than Splosion Man and much more about the trial and error, so if you and Sly dig it then you need to re-evaluate why you don't dig Splosion Man. To explain that in advance of the arguments, I mean that you both said you hated it because it was trial and error. So yes, I'm being picky.

Wow, you are being picky. I already explained my reasons, i find this ALOT more fun than Splosion Man therefore i dont mind doing bits again and again - it really is that simple.

Im also stuck on the last level of Hard, i can even do the first bit! Brilliant game tho, had a bout of insomnia so i played from about 1.30 to 3.30am and even tho it was tough as fuck i enjoyed every minute of it.

Flash game?! :huh:

Hendo's right, this is the very definition of trial and error, but it hasn't frustrated me yet. For me it feels a ton more controllable than the pc game, and is structured a hell of a lot better. Whether you feel that fully justifies paying £4 more than that version costs on Steam is up to the individual. Personally I think this one is a big improvement.

The presentation is a little pedestrian and sterile compared to the joyful insanity that permeates 'Splosion Man. I personally think the latter was more fun, and it cost 400 M$ less too, which now feels like fantastic value for money.

So, 1 and a half thumbs up from me.

I think there's a lot of similarities and differences between this and Splosion Man, but you actually feel with persistence that you'll see the end of Splosion Man - I very much doubt I'll ever finish this, if I do it will be with loads of bronze medals.

Someone on my friends list made a level yesterday and it's amazingly complete, it feels like it could've been in the game properly.

Campaign-wise, I've hit a wall on Hard so I've gone back to Medium to try to clean up those pesky non-golds. On the track Let's Get Physical, spatular has completed it with no faults! :o

And I'd disagree with wiivo, there's tons of content here for 10 quid, the skill games are especially genius.

On the track Let's Get Physical, spatular has completed it with no faults! :o

if that's the one i think it is i retried it loads trying to get the gold which you can get with 1 fault but i kept getting 2 or more, but then finally got it with 0 :D the friends leaderboards are so competitive on this, even if i think a run went well it can still be really slow compared to everyone else.

agree about the difficulty as in i doubt i'll ever finish the game. but i'd prefer a game like this with a good difficulty curve throughout, even if that means i can't finish the last few levels, rather than one that's too easy or too hard all the way through. maybe there could have been an easy mode that gives you more grip or something?

you can definitely tell its a flash game.

i'm sure everyone knows there's lots of flash games like it but just from playing the game i don't think you can tell it's a flash game at all.

i'm amazed at how good it is, so far it seems like one of the best games on xbla imo, i'm sure i will eventually get annoyed with constantly failing though.

I finished it on Hard, I faulted 267 times on the last course but i finally beat that motherfucker. Extreme can fuck off.

nice work mr illdog!

i still can't get past the first slope, was trying for ages again today. did get loads of gold medals on normal though.

anyone got a platinum medal?

anyone got a platinum medal?

*Tim Allen noise*

I didnt know there was Platinum. Ive aced some courses and didnt think i could do a great deal better, I still have two bikes to unlock, i guess they're the key.

I got the achievement on Groundhog Returns for completing the course without a fault and without changing my posture - thats a hell of a chellenge, try it, its do-able.

Also, anyone got a strike on Jolly Jumper? ;)

ah i think doing one of the expert courses unlocks the platinum medals?

the first one is a lot easier than the last one on hard imo. think your right about the bikes as the times seem impossible. i tried the one without moving the rider, i did it but with some faults so need to work on that.

got a few platinums on the first 3 beginner tracks, had to watch replays to see what to do and still needed to get lucky.

tried your track out hendo - nice one :)

made a track of my own if anyone want's to try.

watched the credits too, pretty cool but i'm slow at reading which is a shame :(

still amazed how awesome this game is, really loving it :D