passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PSP recommendations? Both console and games!

Manicm

Both my PSP's are seconds and are a starting to show issues of wear and tear, so my thoughts are do i replace with a 3000 unit, or hold fire for the new PSP Go thing??

Also any recommendations for games? off on my holiday on friday, need something for those quiet evenings by the campfire!

Ive got Lummines 2, Loco Roco 1, Burnout Dominator, A Fifa and Tiger Woods.

Anything worth looking for??

Might i be pretentious and recommend Goku Makaimura? You've never hear of it it? Oh sorry, did i use the japanese name? Hahahahaha! I meant Ultimate Ghost N Goblins. Its brilliant, looks incredible but its fucking rock.

Me and My Katamari is great, have you ever tried a Katamari game before? The controls take some getting used to and it doesnt half hurt your hands but its a hell of a game.

Finally i'd recommend Patapon - i didnt play it as much as i should have but its worth picking up. Action rythem games should be supported.

Oh, and Guitaroo Man Lives!

You don't want a PSP Go. Stuck downloading overpriced games like some sort of sucka. The Go is probably going to have some cool features, I heard it can connect to the Internet anywhere but that's just rumour and shizz but UMDs are just so stupidly cheap that there is no way they are going to be able to match the price on downloads.

For games I would suggest God of War, Daxter, Brave Story (import only), Star Ocean and one, or both of the Capcom classics collections which have some great games on there. I could probably suggest more but my bro currently has my PSP and a load of my games so you really can't expect me to remember stuff like that.

Get a Slim & Lite, it's the best all-rounder. Although saying that, I just know I'm going to want a PSP Go when they're released. Here's some of my favourite PSP games.

• Everybody's Golf 2
  • Ridge Racer 2
  • LocoRoco 2
  • Mega Man Powered Up
  • SEGA Genesis Collection
  • Daxter
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus

Everybody's Golf 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, no shit. Ridge Racer 2 is the definitive version, too.

yeah the ridge racer/wipeout games on psp are good.

my favorite psp game, which no one else is going to mention so i might as well, is every extend extra, it's like a 2d shooter with a difference, you play as a bomb and can't fire, you basically have to dodge stuff untill there's lots on screen, then detonate to try and set off a big chain reaction. it's not going to be to everyones tastes but the original is a free pc game so if you want to try it, go for it. the psp version adds levels and bosses and is a good improvement over the free one.

http://nagoya.cool.ne.jp/o_mega/product/e2.html

I can't add to what has already been mentioned, well, maybe Space Invaders Extreme if you don't already have another version.

I really want to recommend After Burner: Black Falcon as it must be one of the least played games ever even though its pretty good, it suffers from a little repetition but worth the sub £10 that it usually goes for.

I wouldn't bother with the Go, it's a nice idea but I can see it flopping really badly.

Mine is still gathering a fine layer of dust but really, what's out there for it? My last purchase was God of War and the games they announced a while ago like LBP, Motorstorm, Rock Band and Assassin's Creed just sound like they have the same problem, which is that who wants to play a full console game on the go when you could play the proper thing?

That's why I've lost interest anyway.

Im in the same boat having just got a psp again recently.

The stuff ive gone for so far has been:

Fifa 09 (pretty good football game, but Very long loading times)

God of War (So far not bad, but not as good as I thought it would be)

Monster Hunter 2 Freedom Unite (long title, only played five minutes so far so I can leave any impressions but im excited about it)

I think that the next thing I buy will probably be Gran Turismo because it looks pretty good, but as for the debate about which actual console to get id say wait for a little while before you get the GO because of pricing etc.

Ive noticed that its very difficult to find an actual game instore nowadays for the psp, my purchases have all been internet buys. As stated above, the psp games are incredibly cheap, I wonder if you could just buy the cartridge and then download it for the psp GO, does that work?