passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XIII

stoobie

Just when we were getting excited about the prospect of Final Fantasy XIII downloadable content, the game's producer and director, Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama have gone and squashed any hope of supplemental material making its way into the game.

"Regarding the DLC content, we feel that the final product is 100% enjoyable… it's the complete package. So we’re not planning any DLC at this time" the duo told the US PlayStation Blog.

And you can forget about ever playing that rumoured cut content too. There are no plans to offer any such material and apparently never were.

"In regard to the rumoured cut content, we feel it was taken out of context," said Kitase and Toriyama. "There are a lot of ideas that are brought to the table, and then the team takes the best ideas out of those, and the final product is polished that way. There was content that were 'ideas' that didn't make the final content, but the team isn't looking to release that as downloadable content."

Despite the news appearing on a Official PlayStation site, it's taken as read that it also applies to the Xbox 360 version, though Avatar items, themes and gamer pics may still appear.

No Wiivo, havnt you heard? Its going to be shit. Im going to put my GAME pre-order in as nobody wants to give me a free t-shirt or anything for going with them....I miss those days.

Now the best you can hope for is a virtual tshirt for your stinking avatar.

I went with amazon, with the hard backed guide as well.

• 3 weeks later...
The Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 bundle includes exclusive avatar items. Three of them, to be exact.

Purchase the bundle and you can style your avatar with a Rosch outfit (left), Nabbat outfit (right), and the chocobo pet Microsoft gave out for free with their Twitter promotion. Square Enix says these items will only be available to people who purchase the hardware bundle. Since players didn’t get a Lightning or Snow outfit, I’m guessing other avatar outfits are in the works.

In PAL regions, the special Lightning faceplate will be given to anyone who pre-orders the Final Fantasy XIII special edition Xbox 360 while supplies last.

image_thumb270.pngimage_thumb271.png

No i get what you were laughing at, i just dont get why its funny.

I hate to defend dunk, but he got torn apart for slating the game for no reason. I dont see the purpose or laughing at a game not being good, other than to piss fans of the series off :huh: I just dont get the delight

Ah, I see, my bad. I'm laughing because it got a low score, quite a few places have give it a lower than I would expect score now. I remember when FF games were universally praised and use to get raved up to the hilt. Gradually as the years and games passed the scores have got lower and lower and the critics more biting. I'm sure it doesn't matter though, the fans will like it and that's all that matters. Myself I just think that square could bang the FF name on anything and it would sell well, like they did with Mario 2 and Doki Doki Panic. It's a case of buying into the franchise and not the game they draped it on, if that makes sense?

EDIT: Also the pissing fans off thing, there is no way I would buy a game that was a clinker in the series and defend it. Each game on it's own merit and all that.

I'm sure we don't need to go into the "reviews are just one persons opinion" again. Gamecentral gave Heavy Rain a 4, I see its flaws but I wouldn't rate it that low, ever. Ass Creed got a 4 from GTM, I'd rate it something like that, too but others think its great. fair enough.

Its Horses for courses I guess.. or games for fans.. or something.

*shrugs and picks nose*

I'd still be willing to give FFXIII a try at some point, its the only home console JRPG that I've got some interest in.

Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow, got the email saying its on its way on Friday. As luck would have it ive got Saturday as a MAN day while the missus is watching a play in London town or something. So will get some quality time over the course of the week to see what I think. Last new one that I played was FF10 so ive got a fairly open mind.

"Final Fantasy XIII Launch Event - HMV Oxford Circus plays host the launch event of Final Fantasy XIII on 9th March, 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Fans attending will be treated to a rare opportunity to meet Yoshinori Kitase, the producer of the game and Isamu Kamikokuryo, the game's art director. Also the first 50 people who come dressed in Final Fantasy costumes will be given a free Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack plus everyone who attends has a chance to win goodies. Entry is free to all."

• 10 months later...

I love Square Enix's cut scenes.

Lightning looks pretty cool in a suit of armour.

I dont think i'll pick this up though. I've yet to complete XIII, i've been meaning too but knowing that im going have to level grind for ages is off putting.

• 2 weeks later...
First of all, the decision to make a direct sequel was due to a worldwide demand and the development team's desire to build further upon the central character of Lightning. What happened to her at the end of Final Fantasy XIII will be made clear in FF XIII-2, with a proper conclusion. Check out the promotional Lightning image at the bottom of the page for a cryptic story teaser.

There will also be new characters joining Lightning in her quest, but to say anything further regarding returning characters would be too spoilerific for those yet to finish Final Fantasy XIII. Additionally, the story will deal with a change that happens to Lightning regarding her abilities and apparently the ornate white, crystal-adorned chair shown in the trailer (pictured) will hold some significance.

What's more, there'll be no silly singing and dancing a la Yuna, Rikku and her posse in Final Fantasy X-2, as the game will adopt a much more serious tone as Lightning embarks upon a dark journey.

Finally, the development team is looking at the possibility of giving Final Fantasy XIII players something special, so it's strongly recommended that you hold on to your old FF XIII game saves.

2376image%20CG_Lightning%20EN%20copy%20copy.jpg