passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XIII

stoobie

New Final Fantasy XIII gameplay trailer - looks amazing - no surprises there. Battle system looks like a cross between XII and the older menu based games. Although its all in Japanese so those menus could be anything!

Trailer

Click on the NEW Trailer link. Durrrr!

Also says coming 2009 for Playstation but More than likely thats in Japan.

Yeah its out 2009 in Japan PS3 only, 2010 US & Europe (yeah right for Europe, maybe 2011 knowing Squeenix) on PS3 and 360.

I enjoyed FFXII for a little while but the MMORPG in single player feel to it (complete with grinding) wore me down in the end and I've not really enjoyed a FF since IX (which is my favourite one), and feel Square-Enix have alot to face upto when you consider how large the JRPG development scene has grown in recent years and just how different and worthy of peoples time the likes of Persona 3, Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest: Return of the King are.

I really liked FFXII - loved the battle system- but I fucked up with it. When I bought it I noticed the leather bound guide you could get and it looked lovely so I bought that as well. Then when I was playing it I started following the guide and ended up being really obsessive and hunting out all the (no longer) secrets and I think i overindulged in it too much. I completely lost the storyline and then I got really really sick of it - didnt know what was going on so i was basically just grinding. I tried going back to it a couple of months ago but I had lost all enthusiasm for it.

Im not going to read anything guide-like for 13!

I usually get the guides for the Final Fantasy games, but only for the artwork really, especially if its a guide done by Piggyback.

Just watched the trailer, battle system looks interesting, didn't see how it seperates from the world, if at all (like XII), but it looked like you could sort of stack attacks

I hated the combat in FFXII so I'm glad to see the back of that. It does look a little over-designed though, because it looks so fantasy, it seems so alien you can't seem to relate to it. Saying that though I'll be getting it, maybe other sections of the game will be as iconic as that found in the PS1 titles.

Looks wicked, as usual not a lot is given away from that trailer, the figthing system just seems like a blur, its probably very good, but again - in a foreign language and thrown at you like that its pretty tricky to tell.

I fucking love final fantasy, havnt properly played one for a while...not since 8 I think (I played 10 but i dunno, it wasnt quite 7 or 8), if you ignore the DS ones. Im really massively looking forward to this one, I hope its got a great story on it, the trains and massive mecha are reminiscent of 7. OOOOOoo final fantasy

I have only played one FF, it was X I think, the one where you had to play the worst conceived game of weightless basketball or something? I gave up at that point deciding it was broken. I hated how it played.

This has piqued my interest again though, especially as it is on 360 over here now. I might give this a crack, the fighting looks like its a bit more real than a lot of RPG's. ie. the strikes etc actually have a fairly realistic effect.

I'll wait to see some reviews probably and if its rated well I'll give it a go I reckon, plus it looks gorgeous, which always helps convince me, I'm so shallow.

I have only played one FF, it was X I think, the one where you had to play the worst conceived game of weightless basketball or something? I gave up at that point deciding it was broken. I hated how it played.

Blitzball! It was chronically unplayable wasnt it. I liked the rest of the game tho. I've finished 1,3,7,9 and 10 so far :blush:

OMG, thats it! I totally hated that. Up to that point it was OK, I was enjoying the story a decent amount and then BOOM - utter crapness...

Well, XIII will be my last attempt (isn't 7 out on DS though? Thats kinda tempting if its any good, I hear its the best... from EVERYONE...lol)

isn't 7 out on DS though?

Not yet it isnt - I dont think there has been any announcement for it either. Mind you there is constant rumours about remakes of it so its hard to know what is offical and whats not. They remade the intro using the Advent Children models which made everyone think they have it lined up for release but Im pretty sure there is no news yet.

Not sure, I could genuinely see 7 being rereleased on DS and it working perfectly, and if you are going to do it and make the most money possible, which lets face it is the main reason 7 would get rereleased, then its going to definitely happen in Japan and its going to be on a console that everyone has....the DS ticks both of those boxes, 30/35 quid per cart and if you consider that there is a reported 96 million units of the DS sold then thats a real money spinner right there.

Anyway back to Final Fantasy 13 and im getting really excited for this I just hope that the 360 launch isnt really really delayed, id be gutted.

Anyway back to Final Fantasy 13 and im getting really excited for this I just hope that the 360 launch isnt really really delayed, id be gutted.

I reckon it will be. The two versions will arrive at the same time but I don't see them actually bothering to rush it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One for Sam.

ss_preview_ffxiiibundle.jpg.jpg

Sony and Square Enix have unveiled the Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Slim bundle at the Tokyo Game Show, and offered audiences their first look at the pretty console paintjob.

The white design is imprinted with a pink, stencilled image of familiar heroine Lightning.

The bundle incorporates the new 250GB machine, letting the cat well and truly out of the bag.

The FFXIII bundle will be out on 17th December in Japan, the same day as the gigantic RPG.

• 2 weeks later...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A big trailer with the english voice work, the FMV at the start is hasn't been lip-synced at all but the rest looks about right. I'm still not sure if I'm excited about it yet.