passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Noooo! My TV has died

stoobie

On the night my other half is away and I can sit and play games all evening our TV has died-ish - all the blacks are now bright greens :weep:

Means no X factor for me as well :(

It was a bargain HD buy two years ago - almost to the week - when our last TV gave up the ghost. Also unfortunately means I will have to buy that 40" 1080p Sony Bravia that I have had my eye on for a while...... :blush:

It is a lot of money, but after having a HD TV before there is no way I can go back - plus I might as well get Full HD rather than 1080i ;) - and I might as well get as big as I can afford :mellow: . Luckily we have a bit of savings so we can use that.

Bang goes my November XBOX 360 tho - although I will have a spare HDMI port...... :unsure:

Its on Amazon for £760 - bu tI think the 40" will be far too big for our front room - so I am thinking I will get the 32" version instead for just over £600. I havent told husband yet that he has to go halves with me :)

How big is your room?

We have a pretty small room with a 46"... I'd say get as big as you can afford! ;)

Too late - I ordered the 32" version last night. Anyways, I measured and the unit we have the TV on isnt big enough for a bigger size TV and the PS3, sky box, dvd player and Wii to sit on it.

The 32" version fits just right. Its like destiny. :blink:

i got my sense 32" from ebuyer, its (supposedly) and Samsung panel, full 1080p double hdmi and all the other connections going as well and cost my £300.

In all fairness the Bravia is going to be a million times better, but i've been really happy with my ebuyer purchase, although having checked, it has now been discontinued.

We emergency bought a cheaper brand (digihome) two years ago and that was the one that bust so I thought that I would buy one of the well known brand name ones hoping it will last longer. It was a decent TV the digihome one, but I think it will pale in comparison to my new baby Sony

It arrives tomorrow, I have booked the day off :blush:

It arrived today and it is stunning - I wish I had gone for a bigger size but its too late now :)

Before - with 'kid friendly Littlebigplanet' and strange broken green colour

DSCF2752.jpg

After - with 'kid unfriendly cos they are at Disney on Ice' GTA4 shiny Bravia loveliness

DSCF2754.jpg

Nice! That looks fucking sweet. :)

It's amazing going from standard def to high def, although mine isn't 1080p it's still such a huge leap from the old CRT.

1080p blew me away. Only problem is when you go to someone's house and they still watch SD, you feel like you've gone blind because of the lack of definition and clarity.