passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

In the Mail

illdog

Dear Dizzlizzlizzog,

Order number(s): N03OFF/P

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Brutal Legend is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Brutal Legend, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

w00tyt000000t! Thursday maybe...

EDIT: Thats was quick, Disgaea has been despatched by Shopto, nice. Only ordered it at 9am or summink!

Dear Mr Stoobie,

Order number(s): XXXXXXXXXXX

Due to you being awesome - just like that illdog fella I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Brutal Legend is now being processed

Hope it arrives on Thursday - its my day off! :D

I hope they get my Forza 3 out sharpish before the strikes. <_<

Foolishly it looks like they are just going to do the company they work for damage, what's the point in striking when in the long run you might end up on the Rock and Roll?

Nice one Thatcher. To be a bit simple about it, striking costs your company money, as you said damages their reputation and their standing. If something needs changing how else do you get the company to listen to you? It's not something people just do for the fun of it, unless they're French (they strike over everything), it can mean a long time without or being labelled a trouble maker by your employer.

It's a pain in the arse for us, but then that shows that the staff, and the service should be valued right?

Maybe Ed will correct me on this, but arent they striking because of mismanagement of the Royal Mail modernisation, so they're trying to safeguard the future of the business?

Something like that. To be honest, I've not been paying too much attention. I am not in the union though, and will not be striking.

I've gone and ordered Uncharted 2 from ShopTo (via Paypal of course). I've stuck to their standard shipping method, Royal Mail 1st class signed for, so hope to receive it on Thursday.

I hope they get my Forza 3 out sharpish before the strikes. <_<

Foolishly it looks like they are just going to do the company they work for damage, what's the point in striking when in the long run you might end up on the Rock and Roll?

Nice one Thatcher. To be a bit simple about it, striking costs your company money, as you said damages their reputation and their standing. If something needs changing how else do you get the company to listen to you? It's not something people just do for the fun of it, unless they're French (they strike over everything), it can mean a long time without or being labelled a trouble maker by your employer.

It's a pain in the arse for us, but then that shows that the staff, and the service should be valued right?

Maybe Ed will correct me on this, but arent they striking because of mismanagement of the Royal Mail modernisation, so they're trying to safeguard the future of the business?

Come over to Leeds. We have the bin men striking (over a month now, there is fucking rubbish everywhere). The fire brigade are talking about going on strike. The grass cutters are on strike and the post is going on strike. I hope they get what they want, because I don't want services I paid for disrupted, but when strikes go on for longer than a few days, I have nothing but contempt for both company and workers for handling something so badly. Maybe if something that effected you really badly like the JSA went on strike, and you ended up with no money? You'd be angry too, and quite rightly so as it is something you rely on and pay into through everything you purchase. Striking is never an option unless something terrible is happening within the place it is happening, but even then a skeleton service should be provided to make sure everything that needs doing gets done. Failure to do this can end up with companies closing, as we saw in the 70's with the mines.

Last year the First bus went on strike in Leeds and it cause utter chaos. The drivers got what they wanted, but they (and the directors) also earned a lot of public hate due to them causing missed days of school, miss appointments and work etc. Besides, going on strike is hardly the brightest thing to do when there are millions unemployed, I wouldn't want to risk losing my job to someone else in this climate.

It's OK, you might think it is a slight inconvenience with the mail been late and all, but it brings serious implications for monies been paid, invoices going about and other important documents such as scripts which the sick are relying on to be there (and are, such as Craymen waiting for insulin scripts). Even a 1 day strike can cost the country a lot of money. And when it happens it has to be cut elsewhere causing a knock on.

I agree, I'm affected by the post too, I was affected when the buses in manchester stopped (and I think the JC did go on strike not long after i finished uni), hell I was even affected when the firemen went on strike, doesn't mean I lost all sympathy for those striking.

All I was saying is that workers have to be allowed to strike otherwise they are powerless. As I said I dont think people should just strike for whatever reason, but generally you'll find that people cant afford to 'just' strike (for a number of reasons) and so it is only as a last resort. I'm not going to go on about what happens in places like Columbia, because that's probably the strike equivalent of bringing up Hitler, but if workers cant strike then they get fucked over royally. That striking inconveniences us is what makes it difficult for them to do, but also why it's effective. I cant begrudge them their right even if it affects the entire country

I do agree though that there should be a conduct to industrial action, such as giving notice and maybe not doing it at christmas if you're a postman, the busiest week of summer if you're a baggage handler. But then if you know that's when you're going to have the most effect I can understand and sympathise with why you'd do it.

post-73-12554804169797.jpg

As far as I can work out from news reports, they're striking because although they say they see the need for modernisation, they want the Royal Mail to lay out all the details and what that means for job cuts right now, and the Royal Mail say they're not ready to do that yet.

Yes it sounds that petty.

Although I see the need for unions, and the ideal is laudable, in reality as an outsider all you really see is resistance to change and people fighting the inevitable. Most unions are representing people who aren't blessed with transferrable skills in industries seeing a big decline in the money they make (or in the Royal Mail's case normally huge losses). Something will have to give eventually, or all of them will be out of work.

I thought the strike was something to do with the workload, to much of it for the amount of folk employed (like alot of businesses at the moment I guess), though I did get that from someone who often talks shit, that'll teach me to listen.

Anyhows, my Brutal legend has been despatched but since its from The Hut it'll take a while, combine that with the strike I probably won't see it for a month. Ho-hum.