MFGamers

Mirror's Edge

retroed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been going through this again over the last few days, dunno why, just felt like it. I was unsure playing it again because I was worried I was just cought up in hype playing during it's release but after six months I still found I loved every moment of it, I rarely got frustrated with it because I had it on it's easiest setting and I also went for the did it without shooting anyone and it was great.

If someone hasn't played it yet should give it a go, it actually is a good game.

I've been going through this again over the last few days, dunno why, just felt like it. I was unsure playing it again because I was worried I was just cought up in hype playing during it's release but after six months I still found I loved every moment of it, I rarely got frustrated with it because I had it on it's easiest setting and I also went for the did it without shooting anyone and it was great.

If someone hasn't played it yet should give it a go, it actually is a good game.

I love playing this when getting wasted - thing is, I'm constantly breaking my limbs falling to the streets below! :lol: I'm now tempted to get it out 2nite, complete with glass of wine! :D

I have decided to go back and complete this game. Still find it really hard to gauge jumps but I have got to the end of the second chapter.

I think it is brilliant when you are in full flow and running, sliding and jumping away, but as soon as you stop or have to go into a building the controls become too fiddly for me. Plus the bad guys are having a right laugh at me as every time i try to disarm them, I flip into slow mo and then wave my hands in front of their face instead of nicking their guns :blush:

• 3 months later...

got the ps3 version of this yesterday for the free dlc, it's just 9 new time trials (and another ps3 exclusive one to bring it to 10 i think?), the levels are really abstract and look great, really great. i had good fun going through them trying to get 1 star on each one but if that's all you want then it's a bit short lived, took about 2 hours total. if i wanted any more stars then it's going to take a lot longer mind. basically it's good stuff, but not sure it would be worth the 800 points it costs on the 360 unless you're going to put some time in to get all the stars :)

I downloaded the DLC for this a little while ago, i was happy with what i got for my 800 points but at the time i was really into the time trials. Abstract is indeed the word, just like colourful kid play pens in the sky, just with lots of dangerous drops.

• 10 months later...

I decided to go back to this, its been a while, thought i go for the speedruns coz im missing those achievemments and my god are they harsh with the time limit!

Its taken me 40 mins to do a run under 6 minutes. I got 5:45:23.

Phew...

• 6 months later...

I'm on chapter 3 of this, and while at points I'm really enjoying it, I stand by what I said way back on page 1.

Far too often I've not made an easy jump because where you think Faith's feet are isn't where they are (I was talking to Spatular about this, I think it might be caused by the bob of the camera). I can fly through a difficult section, but still not manage the most basic jump that starts the next section. I keep missing things I'm meant to grab too, some of this is the same jump problem, but the games a bit strict about its hit points for things. More annoying is when you're doing something right but end up slightly too high and just pass through the object.

It's also far too easy to get lost, but too linear and it wouldn't be as interesting a world I dont think. Also the button placement is still confusing me, turn and punch are the wrong way round imo

But yeah, I am quite liking it :lol:

The only trouble I had jumping was it was sometimes hard to get the speed right on small platforms, I often jumped short of the other ledge.

I noticed some context sensitive stuff not quite working when I last played it. 90% of the time it's awesomeness sauce.

• 2 months later...