Fallout 3

Jimboxy

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just been to vault 106, it was an interesting experience. I got a bobblehead out of it and some old characters made a reappearance, and until i'd been in there for a while I did worry my 360 was on the way out. It did kind of feel like a lot of work for not much reward, especially as I unloacked a room with level 50 lockpick, only for there to be nothing useful but a safe in there, which you need level 75 lockpick to get into.

I was playing with the sound down too, so I couldnt here anyone coming, shit myself a few times :lol:

I'm getting to the point where I feel like I'm done again. I did a mission where I had to deliver a letter, only I couldnt to that and had to go on a roundabout fucking goose chase for hours. Thanks to spatular I clocked that there was an entrance I'd missed that led to the people I needed to talk to, but even then it wasnt done and I had to trek back. I have got a few decent weapons now though, the downside seems to be that they're a ball ache to repair (some awesome laser rifle, Lincolns laser rifle, a 'rail'gun.

Still I'm not sure I can be arsed with the fannying about involved in Fallout, not the Deathclaw I've just fought

It was when Deathclaws, Giant Radscorpions and Hard-as-Fuck-Mutants became commonplace that I had to stop playing. It's not that I couldn't fight them off more that it is too much of a slog, sneaking up on any of the fuckers would only take a third of health away and to kill them off was just backpeddle and shoot, I really missed those one-hit kills I was doing on everyone before.

I should finish Broken Steel though but fighting two Deathclaws in an office block should be awesome but is as much fun as castrating yourself.

After moaning last night i've been back on it today. I had to fight a mutant behemoth which was fun, especially as the Fat-Boy that my housemate told me was around never materialised <_<

After that though it's not been too bad but it has been very glitchy. I killed someone as an experiment and the game crashed, then I went to Vault Tec where

there are 3 computer terminals to access. You need all 3 to unlock a door and get access to all the vault, which means i can now find my dad and finish the game (possibly). You must have to do them in a certain order though (1-3) because no. 3 wouldnt unlock for me. So after some googling I found a tip to jump on some pipes underneath then onto a server, this lets you reach the computer without locking the door.

. The other glitch is that when I shut the robots down, all the ones that I'd destroyed but not turned into goo were back up with very little heath, but still shut off. So I rekilled all of them and got extra exp and scrap metal :)

The other glitch is that when I shut the robots down, all the ones that I'd destroyed but not turned into goo were back up with very little heath, but still shut off. So I rekilled all of them and got extra exp and scrap metal :)

that happened to me too :) it was fun working my way back down the buidling getting loads of free xp

i didnt have the 3 computer problem though.

must admit, i didnt experience the problems you guys have. DC have you tried getting a follower? they back you up, a certain gatling laser-wielding one is a total brute and will help you out no end

I've tried followers but they steal your kills so I tell them to fuck off. A follower would by handy here though...

i started using followers as soon as i found one that agreed with my karma, and used them the entire game afterwards (except for the dlc areas where you cant take them, natch. plus its worth noting that i didnt get a follower until i had access to the citadel so i definitely absorbed the whole lone warrior vibe that i think this game wants to get across at the start). it didnt bother me that they would occasionally nick a kill, as theyre very useful. beyond making fights more manageable, nothing can sneak up on you and you can make them carry stuff so you can pick up more loot. they will equip really good stuff though so just give them stuff they cant use.

I got the Broken Steel DLC today (i was about to hit level 20) and I dont know if it was because of that, the Enclaves appearance in the story (I'm at the citidel, or supposed to be, i've wandered off), or just that I'm at a high level, but there's a fuck ton of enclave soldiers milling around. At one point, trying to get to the vault with all the clones, I fought an enclave soldier, 7 rangers, 5 more enclave soldiers, then a giant scorpion, immediately followed by a Deathclaw, a bear thing, some more enclave, then another batch who'd set up turrets :unsure: It was good to get the exp, and I picked up a new weapon, but at least 20 minutes solidly fighting.

The good news is that with me I've got the Brotherhood of Steel girl and Dogmeat (the dog) who it turns out is a badass. In fact he took down 3 of the 4 turrets for me while I killed the officer and soldiers. Obviously the problem is that both companions dont understand the concept of sneaking and just launch an attack as soon leeroy style.

It looks to me that, if you find enough books and pick up the bobbleheads, you could easily max out your stats by level 30. I should really get a move on with the story, but I'm very tempted to track down all the bobbleheads, I've got a few, but there's perks i cant get with my current special stats that these could help with.

haha that sounds like an epic battle ben! not sure if ive had one as big, but im certainly jealous of the variety! as i may have mentioned before, as soon as i took dogmeat on he ran off round a corner or over a hill or something and i got the message hed died lol. i wasnt impressed. but it let me do the two follower glitch, until i got one of them killed :P

im lvl 30, have all the bobbleheads, and i have most of my stats maxed, all the ones i need anyway. if i went and found all the books id easily max out the remaining ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone tempted to order one of these? They'll be sold out soon, I reckon. It will be a nice thing to have, and will probably become sought after.

• Limited Edition! Every book uniquely numbered!
  • Covers the entire main game and all five Add-On games: Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta. The most complete Fallout 3 companion guide in existence!
  • Your Essential Wasteland Companion: 752 pages of walkthroughs and over 200 detailed maps give you all the tactics, locations, items, and rewards!
  • Info and stats on all the perks, armor, weapons, items, factions, and entities you'll encounter.
  • Moral compass choices revealed! Villain or virtuous? Our guide's flowcharts will let you know which road to follow for your chosen path.
  • Movie-sized map poster to guide you through the Wasteland.

44181793.JPG

• 1 month later...

I started this last night, just got out Vault 101 and just like Oblivion i didnt have a fucking clue what was going on. I followed a radio signal to a bunch of monkeys fighting mutants so i helped them out and that mission has continued to a point where i am in a sim machine and not really knowing what im doing again except killing chinese soldiers. Odd.

Not to say that i dont totally love it, ive been thinking about it all day. Gonna have to sacrifice sleep tonight cos im crazy jonesing and pappa needs his crack pipe.

From what ive seen from screenshots i thought the post apocolyptic warzone would be bland and uninteresting but bland and uninteresting looks fan-fugu-tastic in HD. Also ive just had a look through everyones cheevies who's played this game and almost everyone has done it in a completely different way, i thought that was great.

Fallout 3. The game where you set out to do something, get sidetracked, get sidetracked again, get lost, find something cool and then wonder where the fuck all your time went because originally you were only going to play for an hour to do that 1st quest.

Yea it sure is a time eater, i put it on for an hour before work this morning and its pissed by, i thought id been playing about 20 mins.

I bought Operation: Anchorage ages ago when it was deal of the week, turns out ive stumbled straight into that.

• 2 weeks later...

So after doing the DLC missions as my intoduction to Fallout 3 the main game came as a bit of a shock. You see the Operation: Anchorage missions were actually piss easy, the Chinese Soldiers in that fell apart with a decent weapon and ammo was plentifull. But roaming around the wastelands fighting crazed bears and dogs and being chased by Feral Ghouls in underground metro stations saps both energy and ammunation and to start with replacements were scarce.

And when you start struggling where before you thought you were making progress it begins to hamper the experience. Luckily i persevered, having struggled heavily at the begginning of Oblivion i was semi prepared and now things are shaping up much better.

Ive just made my first custom weapon (shishkebab) and used all my ammo for all weapons killing a Super Brute Behometh. Ive been using skill points for Science, Lockpicking, Speech and Stealth mainly and the stealth one is paying off, ive been getting some nice one hit kills with my Assault Rifle thanks to the critical hits an undetected shot gives you.

Oh, and Tranquility Lane was trippy.

Ive read through this whole thead just laughing at the different ways people have done stuff. Ive just done Tenpenny Tower, i was going to help the Ghouls but at the end of the day, that Roy bloke (or ghoul) was just stood infront of me with his ugly face and it was much easier to kill him and get caps for my efforts (upped my reward to 700 cos ive my sppech level).

Sepaking of speech, i managed to talk that Moira Brown out of doing her Wasteland book and that ended that quest there and then, reading this thread i wish i hadnt now, could have used the EXP.

And my mum IS a cock destroyer Sam, you should know. Stubby.