passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 3

Jimboxy

How far did you get, Jim? I dunno how many hours I put in but it must've been a lot.

Someone on my Twitter feed was telling someone else how amazing it was, but "you have to get past the first 14 hours". I'm sorry, but that's more than I'm willing to endure.

I wanted to love it, but I got my roam-around kicks from Red Dead and Mass Effect instead.

About 3-4 hours i think. A lot of wandering about speaking to people, getting quests and stuff. I dunno, i might put in a few more hours tonight perhaps.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thing is, I think you do have to have an invested interest from the start, at a certain level. I was eager to explore these places, I know it gets better over time but if you don't have some interest from the start then it doesn't bode well.

But it's one of the best games this gen for me, I'd advise giveing it a few hours.

I concur.

I spent the first few hours utterly bewildered! Then suddenly, I couldn't stop, not sure how that transition took place but now it's the bain of my life, in a good way :)

I think what sums it up for me is, it feels like a masive chore to even load it up. I ended up playing the blur demo tonight instead. I will hang on to it, but think it's going back on the shelf for a while.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I've got suckered in by this game all over again, for some reason. I kind of lost the rhythm when I first got it because by Xbox dies on me about three days after I bought it, and then when I got it back I had moved onto something else. Then I let a friend borrow it for about a year and only really got it back last week.

Love this game to pieces, despite the horrible character animations, bugs and voice acting. There's just something about the game that rewards you for simply exploring, and it does it much better than any other game I can think of. Even more than Oblivion, although that might just be down to the setting that interests me more.

Even more than Oblivion, although that might just be down to the setting that interests me more.

Really? A depressing post-apocolyptic rock fest to a beautiful countryside laden with ye olde towns and sprawling rivers? I guess you do come from Scotland.

• 1 year later...