passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Suspended from Xbox Live

David

Right, I think I mentioned this to Hendo a while back. Basically, I'm poor, so when my Live ran out the last time it continued onto the three month renewal that I had chosen to receive. Unfortunately, I've never had the money in my bank account so it's never been paid for. Now call me an idiot, but I just assumed that if you don't have the money in your bank account to renew the subscription, it just went back to silver Live. Anyways, this went on for ages, me getting Gold for nothing, with MS sending me e-mails about how they couldn't charge my card. I know I should have paid for it, so don't judge me...

Anyways, I let this go on for a couple of weeks and today, I try to go on my Xbox and it says my account is suspended because I haven't paid. It basically won't let me on Live at all, not even Silver. I know it's my fault, but I'm fucking disgusted at Microsoft for this. Why don't they just put you on Silver after the card is declined the first time?

So yeah, right now I have no idea what to do, I guess I'll just have to put money in my account on Saturday and call MS, knowing it'll be the most embarrasing thing ever.

Anyone have any ideas? It won't even let me on account management on the dash... :( :(

doh, that sucks man :(

have you tried accessing the xbox live website and going into the account management from there?

Nah, it only lets me try to change my current payment option. From what I understand, you can only cancel live by calling MS, which is ridiculous.

EVERYTHING is going this way, once you sign up for something your locked in their vice like grip untill you scale mountain like heights to free yourself. Cancelling Sky isnt easy either.

Thats sucks tho dude, i agree, if you cant afford it they shouldnt keep giving you it for nothing but racking up the bill, thats almost criminal. And were all going to take something for nothing arent we, given the choice?

EVERYTHING is going this way, once you sign up for something your locked in their vice like grip untill you scale mountain like heights to free yourself. Cancelling Sky isnt easy either.

Thats sucks tho dude, i agree, if you cant afford it they shouldnt keep giving you it for nothing but racking up the bill, thats almost criminal. And were all going to take something for nothing arent we, given the choice?

I know, that's what makes it so bad. I have no objections to them cancelling my Gold if I don't pay(that's what common sense should dictate) but they let you stay on Gold for ages before getting pissed off.

• 2 weeks later...

strangely enough, this exact same thing has just happened to me. lost my card and cancelled it, and never updated the payment option.. im not so pissed off a MS for the same reason as you david, more just pissed off that now they say to go to account management to sort the thing out but I CANT GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT BECAUSE THEY WONT LET ME. how fucking backwards..

strangely enough, this exact same thing has just happened to me. lost my card and cancelled it, and never updated the payment option.. im not so pissed off a MS for the same reason as you david, more just pissed off that now they say to go to account management to sort the thing out but I CANT GO TO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT BECAUSE THEY WONT LET ME. how fucking backwards..

Try going to www.billing.microsoft.com

It let me sort my problem out, might do for yours too. It's really annoying when you get suspended though, the message tells you to go to Account Management but it doesn't let you!

The annoying thing is that you can't delete a card from your account at the moment so the initial card I put in only had a month or so left on it before it expired so when I put my new one in it still has the old one but also it thinks that the old one is the default. My sub is up for renewal next month so I hope it doesn't try to automatically use the old card as otherwise I'll be in the same boat.

• 3 weeks later...

:huh:

I can't sign in because a message comes up saying, "You have been suspended from Xbox Live. You will not be able to sign in to Xbox Live until 13/11/2008."

A quick Google and it seems this is a usual temporary ban if someone has filed a complaint against you, then you get banned for one day.

The odd thing is, besides some Left 4 Dead and Gears 2 with friend list people, I've barely played any online multi with strangers. Sounds like someone's being a cock, cos I'm hardly Mr Smack Talk online.

Yeah I guessed it was that. The weirder thing is I had to put all my details back into Name, Location and Bio, and in Name I put "Hendizzle", and it came back saying I couldn't write that as it contained a word that wasn't allowed. :unsure: