passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

Sega are going to be bringing an arcade game called Brick People to ios. I'm not sure how well it will translate, the arcade game (below) uses actual blocks infront of the screen for the characters to stand on, so the gameplay is you physically building the blocks quick enough

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

The bit where the bad guy knocks the blocks off might be the best thing I've seen in months

GD Swarm is amazing, I've completed it all now but I'd love to start over, good times. Some of the levels take ages to figure out but they are all possible :)

Any tips for the third Easy level? :facepalm:

It's the one that introduces multiple starting points but no matter what I do I get my arse kicked.

Also, recommendations!

Dolphin is a free browser which is significantly better than Safari and Opera, at least so far. Proper full-screen and better use of tabs. It also has gestures you can program for shortcuts but I'm not so keen on them. The only thing from Safari I miss is pressing the top of the screen to instantly scroll to the top.

Jetpack Joyride is a brilliant 69p game from Halfbrick who do Fruit Ninja and Raskulls on XBLA. It's a one button game, which is the best kind of game on iOS. There's a ton of stuff to work towards with mini-achievements and it's a perfect toilet game.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jzxi8nid9BQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tiny Invaders is a couple of quid, buying it now. It's the first game from Hogrocket, 3 people who rose from the fallout of Bizarre Creations. One of them is the guy behind Geometry Wars.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XpKjjLYcObw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any tips for the third Easy level? :facepalm:

It's the one that introduces multiple starting points but no matter what I do I get my arse kicked.

I just ran through it, seems well easy when you know how :D

I created a funnel with the canons so they all come into a common maze in-between the entrances, which will end up winding up and down a few times. I upgraded the central canons a bit then started on adding rockets, once you have one at level 5 or 6 build another, level 7's seem not to be so good... I would upload a pic but it doesn't seem to want to let me.

Jetpack Joyride looks pretty fun, thanks for the tip! Toilet games are my favourite :)

Cheers for the tips, Jon, will try that later.

I tried Zombie Highway and got bored after a couple of minutes so I deleted it and then went through a couple of folders and tried to be more ruthless about what I was keeping and what could go to save space. Deleted a few things but sadly the biggest files are the games I haven't finished and don't want to delete in case it messes the save up.

Like, I've got 7 tower defense games on me at all times, should I not narrow it down to just a couple of them?

Yeah I'm always 1 gig free out of 32, it's also a bit sticky loading things, always a pause when you bring up the iPod before you can press play or whatever. Might be in need of a reboot.

Harbor Master is free today, I like it a lot, but not quite as much as Flight Control.

TD games, from top left until Risk:

post-62-026370200 1315314623.png

Yeah I'm always 1 gig free out of 32, it's also a bit sticky loading things, always a pause when you bring up the iPod before you can press play or whatever. Might be in need of a reboot.

Harbor Master is free today, I like it a lot, but not quite as much as Flight Control.

TD games, from top left until Risk:

post-62-026370200 1315314623.png

Oh crap, some new ones I've not played!!

TapDefence, StarDefence AND CrystalWar. I did delete GD over Swarm, and got bored of Paladog, 3 levels from the end and I can't do it....

The ones I keep going back to are Fieldrunners, GD Swarm and PvZ. Started Epic War recently but it seems a bit easy.

Oh, I've been finding Epic War pretty tough! :(

Crystal War is pretty much just like Paladog, rather than an actual tower defense. Tap Defense is rough-looking but is free, Star Defense is really good, in 3D (as opposed to top-down) on a planet that you rotate round like Mario Galaxy.

Also, I took one for the team and bought that Zanda, knowing full well it would be bad.

It's one of the worst games I've ever played, deeply cynical and barely a game there. What's perhaps worse is some of the 5 star reviews which have blatantly been paid for and sadly I helped fund this atrocity. I wrote a review and submitted it to the App Store - essentially, do not buy, even out of a sense of humour, it should not be played by anyone. True proper bobbins.