passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

Have to say, really enjoying Piczle Lines at the moment. For one thing it doesn't commit the cardinal sin that most other games seem to, so it lets me play my own music or podcasts while I play.

You'd think this would be a standard for a machine that is meant to be an mp3 player first.

Also, the video and sound are out of sync, but this is what the iPhone can do when John Carmack has a proper play about. :o

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZO0zjP40Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZO0zjP40Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZO0zjP40Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Currently going RPG crazy on my iphone at the moment with:

Maple Story: Thief Edition

Crimson Gem Saga

Inotia 2

Love all of them but probably should just play one at a time :-)

Also Hendo... i too have no clue about how to play civ rev. Need some help :-(

Did anyone by chance download that Marple when it was free? There's a lite version if you haven't.

I tried it the other night, it's baffling! I have literally no idea what you're meant to do. It's worrying enough when the first thing you see before the title screen is a message telling you to read the instructions first. Then you do and it's pages and pages worth of instructions.

I still have no idea what to do after all that. The game even recommends having a webpage with instructions on open while you play. :blink:

There's an update for androids (2.2) called froyo. But for some reason the providers arent rolling it out all at once to people. But if you set your phone clock forward 5 years (Orange users only i think) it auto installs it. The downside is that it now means my trial for my keypad is out of date and so wont update again i dont think, bit of a shame but there's others i could download if needs be. And it now thinks ive used no net this month because it's not the same month/year

However it should mean flash on my phone, so football on my phone, bbc on my phone through the browser, and the whole thing speeded up, and apparently it can now be used as a wirelss hotspot too

http://gizmodo.com/5543853/what-is-froyo

I'll have a play about over dinner, and watch as my 3G allowance gets caned

yeah moving apps to the sd card sounds like a great feature.

i've got a samsung galaxy portal, samsung have done an upgrade to 2.1 for it, but i can't get that as mine is t-mobile branded, the providers need to do it for their network too, you can get it on 3 but not t-mobile yet. you can hack it but i don't think its worth the hastle, t-mobile should release it eventually :)

The added bonus to updating the firmware is that my headphones now work! I almost sent the phone back the other week to get it repaired but couldnt be arsed, now they work fine, and it has really good sound quality. I dont know if it's just my imagination but it sounds clearer than my ipod, but it could just be that i changed the tone on my ipod to get more bass, whereas this is just standard.

I also played a game last night called Raging Thunder 2. It's a racer with tilt controls. It looks brilliant, and is quite responsive, but the lite version only has one track. It also requires a powerful phone to fun, some of the comments complain about it closing itself. It's also bastard hard and 20mg with no option to move it to the SD. But aside from that it's not bad

I've also played a bit of Radiant Lite, which is like Spave Invaders except more dynamic enemy patterns. It's also quite hard thanks to your giant hitbox, but it's worth a play

I did a 2.1 update to my Hero. I got fed up of waiting for 3uk to roll it out, so I goldcarded my Hero, and put a generic 2.1 on it. It made it so much easier to live with. Much nicer to use now. It's not rooted, just de-branded.

nice work mr Wilde :D it has an autobomb so if you get hit it just sets a bomb off if you have any, could be that? also in bullet hell shooters the hitbox is tiny so you have to get hit right in the centre of the ship, and sometimes the bullets have hit boxes too so you can even get through where there's no space between bullets!

apparently they'll be announcing some new ipods that are more in line with the iphone 4 soon, if they aren't stupidly priced i might get one so i can play it, although i'm only kidding myself, of course they will be stupidly priced :facepalm: