MFGamers

Rock Band

HandsomeDead

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock Band 2?

I'm scared, It won't be like the Guitar Hero games where the sequals are pretty much a new playlist, they can do that with DLC which they are doing. I can see this meaning new expensive perhiperals... Like a keyboard, a saxaphone or a hurdy gurdy. It's early days but my initial reaction was.. :weep:

It's gonna happen, it's EA and it's successful. But not this year, please! Oh hang on, we're European aren't we? That's alright then.

I finally got my drum sticks back and I've pretty much been drumming all day. Finished Easy mode which I found to be a breeze and now I'm on the tail end of Medium and it's starting to get tricky. I've failed my first song on the drums and it's that stupidly long one that is now my most hated track, possibly ever. The Green Grass one. It's proper shit.

I don't know whether it's just nostalgia, but my two favourite drum tracks to play are Black Hole Sun and In Bloom, much more interesting parts to play than stuff like Paranoid or Blitzkrieg Bop, as much as I love the songs, the drums are just boring.

Nearly finished Hard on guitar, just two more songs to go but they're proving to be quite tricky.

I'm not sure I like that Green Grass track too, it's actually pretty easy to do once you get the hang of the pace. I would even say once it clicks on medium you could probably do it on hard.

The reason why I'm not fond of it is because when you play with randoms online they always pick it, usually by clever dicks and they put the guitars on expert and always fail towards the end. Seven or so minutes of knackering drumming wasted. :rolleyes:

i really like green grass and high tides on guitar (admitedly it is annoying on drums) and it's a good job having played it 1000's of times to try and get to the end! - still no luck.

struggling on the drums now, my arms don't move fast enough and my brain doesn't work quick enough for the songs i'm stuck on. good job i still have loads more dlc songs to try out.

anyone tried doing the band world tour on your own? i'm planning on trying it tomorrow but expect to fail miserably at the singing.

this game is flipping brilliant.

anyone tried doing the band world tour on your own? i'm planning on trying it tomorrow but expect to fail miserably at the singing.

Is that by using a mic stand and singing and doing the guitar at the same time? I'd imagine both set to Easy and I could do it.

I'm taking the whole set to my drummer's house after me tea. Hopefully we'll film it!

I reckon doing the singing and guitar on your own is pretty damn difficult unless you know the song's lyrics, as you'd have to look at 2 different parts of the screen at once.

Is that by using a mic stand and singing and doing the guitar at the same time? I'd imagine both set to Easy and I could do it.

yeah, you can use the normal live headsets though so you don't need a mic stand. i tried it earlier and was woefull, didn't manage to finish a song and lost 16000 fans! was playing guitar on hard, it was the singing that was the problem but i guess having the guitar on easy too would help with reading the words.

greeting fellow gamers be it hardcore or casual,we live in wonderful times with so much choice and great games,happy,happy,joy,joy!!anyhow,moving on to the wonderful rock band especially after last night with friends and beers it was a quality evening,gaming interaction at its highest.if you have ever played air guitar howled lyrics into a vacuum cleaner while it eats dirt,this game is the ultimate expression of that rock star fantasy given forum.while the single player mode has much to recommend it.the true master stroke of rock band doesn't show itself until you've got a gang of buddies together and go beserk.will you look like an idiot,most probably,but with a smoke and an alcoholic beverage in hand who bloody cares,when you have a plastic guitar or pretend mic.but thousands of screaming fans singing the chorus rock n roll star along with you goes a long way to making you get over it and have a blast.pure gaming utopia.e

.njoy

Errr, yes. :D

Took it to my drummers last night and he was very sceptical and is very bored of Guitar Hero and is in the "just play a real guitar" camp, but he was having a great time, but gutted that it's not out over here yet for PS3. I left my 360 and all the gear round at his so I hope it's not red-ringed cos all I'll hear is "told you so, should've bought a PS3". :rolleyes:

if you have ever played air guitar howled lyrics into a vacuum cleaner while it eats dirt

:blink:

Has anyone ever done that?

I know, vacuuming. Pffft.

I am looking forward to some offline multiplayer myself. Online is good but I'm getting sick of young yanks picking Enter Sandman all the time.

i was playing this over at a friends house last night and gotta say, really enjoyed it. We had the full four people, and the sense of accomplishment when you are all playing a song in sync is surprisingly gratifying. Almost feels like a real band, if it wasn't for the plastic instruments..

I had a bash and guitar and drums and enjoyed both. The guitar is obviously just guitar hero with a few tweaks, but the drums is something else. Thats going to be my main reason for purchasing it.

Well I spent Saturday night and Sunday night playing this with me drummer and two of his mates, though we just used only the guitar and drums, and all were very impressed.

Surprisingly, the drummer stayed on Easy for most of the time but he had to bite the bullet and move up to Medium after I did!

It really does come alive when playing the Band Tour career mode, it's almost like an RPG with the amount of fans being your XP and stuff.

I'll be taking it back there next weekend. :D

I had a quick go on this on sunday, its wicked, surprisingly my favourite bit is actually the microphone stuff, Its wicked. Had a little go on the drums but by the time Id got the hang of them I put them away because we are in an old victorian flat in the middle of bath on the top floor and the sound on the roof of the guy below us must have been terrible, one to save for when we move or if the guy downstairs moves (probably quite a real chance of that happening now).

I had trouble with the guitar, having played the wii version of guitar hero I found that I just couldt get the notes on the perfect timing, im sure there is a slight difference between the two. I got used to it eventually and was getting 97/98% quite quickly.

Im really gutted about not being able to bash the shit out of the drums, it was what i was most looking for to really....

If Guitar Hero 3 is the only one of the series you've played then you will have trouble with timing. The window you have in that game is massive, you really don't need to strum at the right time at all. A quick go on GH 1 or 2 would soon put some proper timing into you.

Double postage.

I've been venturing into expert a bit more. I was online and got 93% on that Bowie track, I did it online when the guitarist was on expert too.... He just got 90% B)

Yup. I'm starting to beat people who have (probably) been practicing with years of Guitar Hero. B)

Me on drums, just playing the normal quick play mode. I've trying out the odd song on my own on quickplay too. I do pretty well on Gimme Shelter and Black Hole Sun on expert too. I have no work this week so I intend on finding songs I can do on expert and hopefully I'll gain enough skill to get through Go with the Flow on hard. :unsure: