passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

I think it all depends on peoples attitudes. I have got music free then gone and bought and seen bands I otherwise wouldn't have bothered about. That's just my attitude towards stuff that I like. It also depends on who the money would go to as well. If it's someone's debut album it really needs your cash in the till if you want to see more like that. If it is someone's album who can take the hit, someone who has made it massive already, then yeah, I can kind of forgive people for stealing something like that. However, if it is one of those preachy bands that are always telling you to give money to Africa or whatever, even when the bands members are multi millionaires, they definitely need fucking pirating. Especially if they have accounts abroad so they don't have to pay tax. Fucking hypocrites.

nice podcast guys. i only bought my n64 because of piracy, played mario 64 on the pc and loved it :unsure:

don't worry about the shmup tourny Jimbo, our team mostly doesn't bother taking part anyway. and i've been not too bothered about playing this year too, it's the last day of the 3rd week and i still haven't played this weeks game, from peoples comments it sounds rubbish. last weeks game was good though and i'm still looking forward to raizing week.

Nice podcast so far - the piracy discussion had just started before I got to the lift at work so I cant comment on it yet, but everything else has been an entertaining listen. There were a few instances when I was 'crazy man on train chuckling to myself'.

Very impressed by your walking to the shops tho Ben - especially carrying milk and salad on the way back. Have you recovered yet?

MFGamers Podcast 34 - What We're Playing 21/09/09

Back to the usual shite, minus what Ben and Hendo are playing, due to disaster after disaster, so in this week you have what the forum has been playing, some choice news cuts and a new section on some of the best Super Deals found this past week.

A short 30 minute show, so no chapters or owt.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 34 - What We're Playing 21/09/09 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Just listened to Episode 33 today, and really enjoyed it. Good work Jimbo and Ben, and whoever edited it. Strange music selection though. I wouldn't mind having a go at that myself, if y'all be willing to have me. If so, let me know what audio program i need. I think I can get Audicity quite easily.

I just heard the piracy bit. I don't usually comment much on this subject because I have a really old fashioned view on it. I honestly don't pirate anything, I buy all my music and films, 90% of the time in a physical form.

This. I do have backups of my DS games that I keep on a cartridge with backups of my saves, but I don't keep anything on there that I don't own a physical copy of. I know that it's still a grey area, but that's the only thing I do that could be described as dodgy. None of my consoles are modded, other than my Super Famicom to play imports. I like to support what is my favourite hobby, and tend to buy more new than I used to, even if it gets traded in a couple weeks down the line.

I buy all my films, too. I don't watch a load of them, but what I do watch I want to watch in the best quality available. It is a bit annoying that we have to watch piracy ads at the start of DVDs though, yet if you had a pirate copy it would probably have been cut out. I don't buy as much music as I used to, but that's just because I don't listen to as much (podcasts FTW), not because I obtain it from elsewhere.

It was a good show Ben and Jimbo, and another good piece of editing wiivo. I don't think it went on too long at all.

And ooh, another episode for tomorrow! Bit short though. :(

:)

Just listened to the latest episode - another good one :) A bit short, but it tied in with my train journey time which is nice!

You mocked illdog for playing 72 hours on a racing game - didnt Hendo put in over 100 hours on Burnout Paradise?

And Bobby Drake is Iceman not Robin [/xmen geekery]

You mocked illdog for playing 72 hours on a racing game - didnt Hendo put in over 100 hours on Burnout Paradise?

I knew someone would call me on that!

I didn't mock him, I just said that it was a long time for a racing game, but yeah, I put a crazy amount of hours into Burnout. Worth it though! :)

I know two of you were disappointed that it's shorter than normal, but we did have stupid problems initially and when Ben said that it was the longest podcast ever, we'd been sat there for about 2 or 3 hours by that point, even though we only had about 15 minutes recorded. And also last weeks was late and quite long, so I figured a shorter one would be better so soon after the last one. Also it makes the turn around for me dead quick and easy - the podcast went up only 3 hours after we'd recorded it which is probably a record for us.

If you're on Vista then audacity doesnt seem to work. I've been using mixcraft which has its own set of problems, but at least it doesnt wipe everything like it audacity does for me, jim and hendo.

thanks btw :)

I'm actually running Windows 7 Ben. The one above Vista. So Audacity may still give some grief. I don't know how you guys chat when you do a podcast, but I've got Skype, and a few VOIP programs. Any of that help?

Listened to the latest episode today. Great work guys. Keep it up. BTW Hendo, Ihave put some stupid time onto racing games over the years. My record is 60 ish hours on Need for Speed Most Wanted, but about 50 of them was online play.

Yeah we talk over Skype and each record our own voice with a recording program. Whoever edits them then has to sync the two files up, mix them together and then edit it down.

It would be cool to get at least another team together and then there'd be variety for people listening, as well as the people taking part don't have to do it every week. I can't remember if Ben said this on the podcast or if it was one of the bits that didn't appear, but anyone's welcome to have a go, either with or without us - it's not our show, it's just that we're the ones who end up doing them. It would be cool to have more people on, break it up a bit.

I've been thinking about doing that for a while, don't know how boring to listen to it would be for anyone without a phone/touch though. I'd guess it would end up being me, you and wiivo, so if both of you (or Sam if he's interested) want to give it a bash, let me know.

It would be shit, I wouldnt even download it. In fact I'd find the actual physical part of the server is was stored on and gouge it out to protect everyone.

On that note if someone who's played shitty Halo wants in this week then all the 'better', because unless Hendo's playing it there wont be much talk on it outside of the Gaming Week, and the news story that it's fucking shit

I've been holding that in for days

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic