passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

MFGamers Podcast 35 - What We're Playing 28/09/09

A reversal on last week, no Gaming Week stuff.

Games featured - Call of Duty : World at War, Red Faction : Guerrilla, Halo 3 : ODST, Naruto : The Broken Bond, Trine, Championship Manager 2010 and Guitar Hero 5.

News - Ninokuni : The Another World (Studio Ghibli / Level 5), Super Street Fighter IV, Sky on Live, Fist of the North Star, Flight of the Conchords on Rock Band, the SEGA/Sony leaked memo and the latest on the PSP Go.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 35 - What We're Playing 28/09/09 (Standard version)

MFGamers Podcast 35 - What We're Playing 28/09/09 (Enhanced version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

In regards to Master Chief, I agree that he isn't a good character, he doesn't even have good one-liners. I'd say he was even up-staged in a massive way by The Arbiter in Halo 2 and most of the character based stuff comes from supporting characters. It could be similar to what Hendo said but I think he has a image of a regonisable figure, you see this green hulking figure with a yellow visor and think of shooting things and sticky granades.

I also struggle to see the point of the PSPGo, doesn't it use the same PSN service as the normal PSP? If so why not just invest in a big memory stick and have the best of both UMD and downloadable game worlds?

good podcast guys!

i always get mixed up with the vehicle names and i play it all the time...if anyone was wondering, banshee = wraith.

also the level with the warthog that Ben didn't like, that's one of my favorite levels, but we didn't really play it properly, as we were doing the whole thing in one day, to get it done a bit quicker i just drove past everything, we did it in ~2 mins.

i'd agree that master chief isn't iconic or anything like that, i just would recognise him, same for mario really, although mario is much easier to recognise. i like master chief, probably because i really like the games and he doesn't do anything that would make you hate him.

Hendo - when you say the people who say halo is crap and people who say it's the best thing ever are both wrong, i sort of agree for the single player and if you play the multiplayer on your own, they are both just very good, but the multiplayer when played in a team of friends, is the best thing ever :D also interested if you have the same opinion of cod4, or do you actually think that is the best thing ever?

Hmmm, I didn't word that very well!

I did correct myself in saying that you can't say people's positive experiences were "wrong", but I didn't make it as clear as I should've done. I have a particular dislike of the word "over-rated" because that implies that everyone who enjoyed that game were just kidding themselves or something. It's especially bad when game journalists use that word, as they're the first ones to jump to the defense of a review as "just an opinion".

Personally, I've enjoyed the single player of Halo, but the controls and floaty gravity just don't grab me for the multiplayer, though I do love playing Rocket Races and the one me, Jim, ill and Sam played ages ago, something to do with the gravity hammers. Basically, anything that isn't the standard run-round-and-shoot play.

Yeah I do love CoD4, but I can certainly see where some Yorkshire people don't gel with it because of the grenade spamming and the whole rewarding the better players thing. Something about CoD4 really gelled with me, few FPS's really grab me to be fair.

the one me, Jim, ill and Sam played ages ago, something to do with the gravity hammers.

Yeah I do love CoD4, but I can certainly see where some Yorkshire people don't gel with it because of the grenade spamming and the whole rewarding the better players thing. Something about CoD4 really gelled with me, few FPS's really grab me to be fair.

Griftball, i hate it :lol:

yeah i'm the same but opposite, don't play many fps games, halo just clicked with me, i think the main difference between them is the actual combat/shooting at someone, in cod you shoot someone and they die pretty much straight away, in halo you get more of a mini battle each time, that's what i like about it but that same thing is what often puts people off because they can be shooting at someone for ages without killing them.

MFGamers Podcast 36 - Music From Games vol.13

Tunes chosen by Badger McCornish, Ben, Craymen Edge, Cyberpunk, DifferentClass, Hendo, RetroEd, Sly Reflex and wiivo.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 36 - Music From Games vol.13 (Enhanced version)

MFGamers Podcast 36 - Music From Games vol.13 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic