passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The World Ends With You (DS)

David

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question really, Chrono Trigger seems to have really got me back into RPG's again, if I like that, what are the odds on me enjoying this?! Totally different?

Not really got into anything similar since Mario and Luigi.... lol

Just a quick question really, Chrono Trigger seems to have really got me back into RPG's again, if I like that, what are the odds on me enjoying this?! Totally different?

Not really got into anything similar since Mario and Luigi.... lol

The combats different, for the most part TWEWY has you doing screen taps/swipes so to some extent it plays more like an action game. Only in the combat sense though, everything else is very rpg

• 5 months later...

I fired this back up again today, and am now on Day Five

of Week Two

. It's excellent stuff, and I'm surprised at how easily I got back into the flow of things after not playing it for quite some time. I did leave it at a good part where it was obvious what to do next deliberately though, so that I wouldn't have a hard time going back to it. This is easily in my top three DS games.

yeah, after the Vania's it's my favourite. I really want some more TWEWY, but at the same time, the thought of more of the same is a bit depressing. I do think there's more they could have done with the pins though, so maybe thats where changes would be made. Though it's been a yeah and we've heard nothing of a sequel, it could still happen i guess

I started this the other day, I love its art style, reminds me of Jet Set Radio in some respects but christ on a bike the music can get annoying. Not sure on the characters yet, I know I'm not very far in but Neku is a right miserable cunt.

• 7 months later...

I finished this last night and I loved it. I must admit that at first I found the characters very annoying and thought the game relied far too heavily on gimmicks and jazzy words but after a couple of hours the characters really grew on me and the story kept me guessing right up to the end. Really quite a special game, just a shame that is was so linear! At least it appeared that way, I don't think I did anything optional other than leveling up my pins and fucking shit up yo.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It was an amazing game, though Im not sure if a sequel would reach the level of the original, maybe its for the better.

Id rather have a One-hit wonder than a whole franchise that was terrible past the first game.