passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pick a name, win a game

Hendo

TopGunKnacker wrote:

*grumble* quartercircleforward *grumble* thought youd have my back illdog *grumble* :P

I dont dislike it Up North Lad, but like someone said, it does make it sound like a SFII site.

Zvarri would have been cool but it does sound a little gay also like a Phoenix fan site :)

Fuck this is hard.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about something which referrences the sites going ons, like the big 'gay' debacle of 07: DontsayGay.com

Perhaps the spree of locking threads: ThreadLockedBanned

wedontuselube.com

HendoStalin.co.uk

my favourite is perhaps, SoapBoxOpera.....maybe TrollsAloud?

Thinking of a good name is hard.

I think the best way to come up with a good name, is to try to put it in a regular conversation and seeing how it sounds.

Just replace X with the propsed site name.

Like : "Have you been to X lately? I found some great info on that upcoming game..."

"Hey, I just went to X and noticed that they added a whole bunch of features to the site... you should heck it out..."

You get the idea... For best effect, the name should be short and formed of no more than 3 syllables. This is basic marketing practices.

If you look at most succesful sites, you'll see they have fairly simple and short names easily identifiable.

1up. Gamespot. IGN. Kotaku. Joystick.

And like I said, it doesn't have to be tied to videogames. Sometimes, the coolest names don't make any sense at all and can make us think of cool logos or visuals.

Here are a couple I could suggest (I haven't checked if they're available though).

D-Pad

SquareFrog

Splodge

BitBogey

GamingDuck

Golgot

Druvoo

Warpcaster (WTF I'm smoking to come up with this? lol!)

GamePiston

BlueHellPit

OctoDood

NinjaToast

Noize wrote:

Thinking of a good name is hard.

I think the best way to come up with a good name, is to try to put it in a regular conversation and seeing how it sounds.

Just replace X with the propsed site name.

Like : "Have you been to X lately? I found some great info on that upcoming game..."

"Hey, I just went to X and noticed that they added a whole bunch of features to the site... you should heck it out..."

You get the idea... For best effect, the name should be short and formed of no more than 3 syllables. This is basic marketing practices.

If you look at most succesful sites, you'll see they have fairly simple and short names easily identifiable.

1up. Gamespot. IGN. Kotaku. Joystick.

And like I said, it doesn't have to be tied to videogames. Sometimes, the coolest names don't make any sense at all and can make us think of cool logos or visuals.

Here are a couple I could suggest (I haven't checked if they're available though).

D-Pad

SquareFrog

Splodge

BitBogey

GamingDuck

Golgot

Druvoo

Warpcaster (WTF I'm smoking to come up with this? lol!)

GamePiston

BlueHellPit

OctoDood

NinjaToast

I only really like one or two of those names, but Nize has the right idea.

illdog wrote:

Hendizzle wrote:
Any ideas how to move this forward?

Pick a name?

Hendo, i say that cos your the boss pick your 5 favorites of the choices put forard so far and we, the underlings, should vote. What say you?

I'd agree with that, although I don't contribute much here anymore, so I'm not sure if I should have a say.

*cue violins playing*

Um, er, ok then.

Weak-Point

PlayWantBin

Massive-Damage

QuarterCircleForward

Falcon-Punch

Sorry to anyone that I left out, picking 5 is hard. I feel bad that I put my own in there, but hey what ya gonna do?

I've added hyphens to certain ones as without, they're taken.