passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guitar Hero III (all formats)

Hendo

Might as well have one thread for the game.

Better than the last one? I've not bought it yet, still mulling over which version, but I've heard a nasty rumour that the Wii version's music is in mono. :pinch:

I have played the demo on the 360 (with the pad - double :pinch: ) and it was great playing the proper version of Even Flow by Pearl Jam!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a gander round t'internet and it seems the Wii version is home to a host of problems from mono sound, faulty discs (causing crashes and freezing) and a defective whammy bar. Plus although there is online play there is no downloadable content right now.

Unless you only have a Wii (unlikely) get it on PS2, 360 or PS3.

Arent they supposed to be fixing the bugs on the Wii version. I seem to remember a patch being mentioned, as the mono sound is a fault, the real sound is on the dvd (i think). They might even fix the problems before it's released next week. Who am I kidding, it'll have more bugs and traces of leprosy.

Played the ps2 version last night, the graphics might be a little worse than the last games, or it could just be our shitty telly. I wasnt impressed with the track list when I saw it on paper, but in game, you can either avoid certain songs, or they're a lot more fun to play than you'd think.

It nearly made my eyes bleed though, dont know what it is, but Metroid was doing that the other day. I think i need new ones :(

I'm getting the PS2 version, I'm not forking out for yet another guitar, I already have two. I'm not gonna miss the online mode or leader boards because I don't want people to know what I'm like on it, I just hope they do release the some of the DLC on disc, and at a more reasonable price.

guitar hero is weird to me, im ok at guitar but i suck at guitar hero. it seems kind of weird for me to practise to be good at simulating something i can already do in real life. counter-intuitive, i think is the word. it is good fun, but not as much fun as a real guitar! so im in two minds whether to bother as i dont think id get the massive play-time most people will get out of it. i mean my cousin must put 100s of hours into guitar hero, it must be totally worth the price of the peripherals etc if you get that much enjoyment out of it. like learning real guitar! but not as good

if it was a game using real guitar peripherals id be all over it, it could really improve my playing

I've never bought, or played for that matter, a Guitar hero game. I don't know why, I guess it just doesn't really appeal to me. Does it fuck your hands up? I'm not sure whether I'll be getting this or not, but if I did it would be the 360 version that I go for.

Ben - played it more since saturday? - anymore impressions?

RetroEd wrote:

Does it fuck your hands up?

yeah, a bit, if you play it a lot, not as much as a real guitar though.

seems like this isn't supposed to be as good as guitar hero 2, i'll still be getting it on friday though and will enjoy it no doubt :)

anyone unsure if they will like this should maybe try out amplitude or frequency (preferably both) on the ps2, brilliant rythm action games, basically guitar hero without the guitar controller.

I ordered the 360 Us version last Friday from Play Asia (£31 delivered - region free)so it should be here Thursday.

I love the Guitar Hero games, its amazing how good you can get at them with practice, no matter if you are a guitar n00b or not. I dont play the guitar and i managed to complete GH2 on Hard, and if I can, anyone can.

I got the Wii version today(Damn you Hendo and causing everyone on this site to go crazy with teh trade-ins!), and all seems well.

The new guitar is brilliant IMO, the whammy bar is fine, and the disc's fine too.

The sound probably is in Mono, but I can't really notice it, so meh.

Seems very good so far.;)

Although, the very day this comes out, my wireless router screws up. Looks like I'll need a new one before I can play online.

Oh, BTW, in my GAME the Wii version was selling like Hotcakes, whilst the other platforms were piled up. Terrified they'd sold out of Wii ones, I ask the guy at the counter. I got their last one!

It really surprises me that this is selling really well. I figured it would be either PS2 or 360 versions that would be selling.

I keep telling myself not to bother and just get Rock Band instead but then I play the demo version with Pearl Jam's Even Flow on it and I change my mind.

Oh, BTW, I got online working again, and I've played a bit online.

The online mode is surprisingly good for a Wii game, lag practically non-existant. The only annoying thing is you can't play co-op career online, like Live or PSN.

There's online leaderboards, and the account will link to guitarhero.com as well.

Or, I would've done if they'd have had any copies. :(

No Wii or PS2 copies but a couple of 360 versions, but I'm more inclined to get the PS2 version as me and a mate have a few guitars for the PS2 and I'm more likely to want to play offline multi.

Yeah, not being able to play co-op online is a bit of a killer for me. It'd be a laugh playing with people regardless, but not as much as rocking in the free world with you bunch of hairy bastards.

Also from what I've read today, it seems that you cant buy the spare guitars for the Wii until next year. I'm definately waiting on the Wii version now, although it sounds like I dont have much choice

Well ive made my 360 bed and im going to lay in it.

To the n00bzors who've never really played Guitar Hero, i cant stress enough how much better you can become with practice. When i first started playing I was all over the place and struggled like fuck on the later songs on the Normal difficulty level. By the time Gutar Hero 2 came along I finished it on Hard and only failed on one song once.

I played 'Jessica' (Tope Gear theme) yesterday on Hard and i was nailing some of the harder guitar solo's cos ive been practising the Hammer On and Pull Off techniques and it was very fucking satisfying. Im struggling through on Expert now awaiting Play Asia to deliver GH3, they always take ages on the games I really want.

So yea, practice kids, then u can be like Uncle illdog.

Ok, I caved in and bought the Wii version. It would've made more sense to get the PS2 one for proper multi, but hey.

Firstly, it's a bit of a pain plugging the wiimote in the back, especially as you have to take off the condom, but the guitar itself seems well made. The whammy isn't as sensitive as I would like but in all it seems pretty good.

I've only gone through two tiers in Easy just to have a quick bash, then I took it online.

The lobby system seems pretty cool, you can search for whatever style of play or difficulty you want or just "any" which is the best option as I couldn't find a match when I searched Easy Only.

I ended up playing some guy in the new Battle mode and it was a right laugh. Instead of star power you send across stuff to make it harder for them, like Lefty Flip, a broken string (they have to hammer one of the buttons until they can use it) and stuff like that.

As he was playing as Slash he's obviously played it more than me but I destroyed him. :evil:

Not much else to say at this point, but having a battle against Tom Morello is cool as fuck, as he's one of my few guitar heroes. Also, an analogue stick on the guitar - how odd.

Anyhoo, my code is 1976 8597 4622 - I'll put up a proper code page now.

EDIT

Done.

I find the difficulty on the last tier of songs ridicules, the last Guitar Hero games, I pretty much cruised through it on hard, but Raining Blood and One are killing me, the tier before I 4/5 stared pretty easily, I'm gonna have to find a cheat to unlock the co-op songs (everyone I know has a GH phobia) and that Dragonforce track because I physically can't play it on Normal to unlock it, its booooorrriiinng.