passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario Galaxy

Hendo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving this game - only got ten stars at the moment - in the middle of introductions to our two adopted children so my gaming time is a little bit low priority at the moment!

Bee Mario is the bestest thing ever to happen in a game

If you think Beerio is cool, Stu, wait till you meet Boorio. :)

That's a brilliant time, Ed, I don't think it can be beat easily.

I didn't realise at first, but I like the fact that you get sent messages from one of the characters to your Message Board. :)

Phooey wrote:

I've only got 4 stars & can't play the game for more than 30 mins before I start getting motion-sickness kicking in. :( I only played for 20 mins last night & it left me feeling not so good. Bah.

Oh man, I feel so sorry for you:(

It's a real sod because I can see how great the game is, but I can't really enjoy it because of how it's affecting me. I've only just got my bee costume, thought great, then had to switch the Wii off. Oh well, at least the game will last me years ! :laugh:

stick with it, it might get better phoo. when i first started playing it, it messed with my head too, but i got used to it. maybe i didnt have it as bad as you though

there werent as many difficult stars as i thought, i have 119 now. the last one i have to do however, is the most despicable rat cunt bastard

I wanted to make this last too, but I have 40 stars already, you just find yourself playing for "one more level".

The variaty in the levels keeps things fresh, part of the reason I keep playing is to see whats instore next, the other part is thats its just plain fun, if only some other games would take fun into consideration, I'm looking at you Assasins Creed.

This game just is everything I love about gaming. It's simple complete and utter genius. I about 1/5th of the way through now, and it just keeps getting better and better. Miyamoto and his team really has outdone themselves here.

Nintendo seem to have finally realised that everything - not just gameplay goes towards making an utterly fantastic game - this one has it all. The graphics are simply stunning, not just the effects but the are direction too.

The music is absolutely brilliant. I'm glad Nintendo seem to have finally realised orchestral really is the way to go as it just conveys a sense of scale and epicness never seen before in a Mario game.

Just now, this is oh so very close to being my favourite game of all time.

Literally the only flaw I can find is the fact that the hub isn't as good as the castle in 64, but that's just nitpicking.

50 stars in now, and I am still in awe at just how great Shigsy and EAD Tokyo have managed to make this game. Every level seems to bring something new into the mix, and it's just so overwhelming! I've not given my views on the music yet, but by God it is fantastic, epic even, and really adds to the overall experience. I've had some genuine hairs standing on the back of my neck moments.

Karen and I played 'co-op' last night, and she really came in useful on the |Honey Climb| level, holding A on the enemies to stun them and stop them from moving towards me. :)

I hope Super Mario Galaxy sells well.

wiivo wrote:

Good God I wasn't saying Mario 64 is the best, even today. I mean at the time I loved Mario 64 more than I am Galaxy.

Never mind...

I know exactly what you mean, it was that jaw dropping leap from 2D to 3D, it absolutely blew me away. Obviously Mario Galaxy doesnt have that revolutionary graphical step up to wow us but as a game it is definately Mario 64's superior. Its just so beautifully done.