passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario Galaxy

Hendo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played this for about three hours now, and I've just got my tenth star. Everything about this game is perfect to me. I want to keep playing but am going to hold off until tomorrow!

Super Mario Galaxy is fantastic, I am in awe at just how great it is. I'm grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it! It is everything I was hoping for and a darn sight more. It looks bloody beautiful, too. So far, I cannot find fault with this. It is worth owning a Wii just for this game.

What an amazing year for gamers 2007 has been.

Hell TGK, you don't hang about! I haven't had chance to play it today as of yet. I've been keeping the dog quiet as Karen's in bed sleeping (working nights), then I went to see my mum for a bit. I'll be playing this later on, though! B)

Holy shit TGK!

I've finished the first galaxy and have done the sweet level.

The graphics are great, the style is amazing, the music is fantastic and really gets you pumped, and there's so many bosses! The controls work perfectly, the camera has its moments when it doesn't do quite what I wanted, but nothing to get flustered about...what else?

Beerio is super cute! And I pleasured a giant bee, how many times can you say that?

Hendo wrote:

Holy shit TGK!

I've finished the first galaxy and have done the sweet level.

Done that myself not long ago. I've lost a few lives, and while I fear getting lynched for saying this, one or two of them have been down to sluggish controls *winces* However, my favourite thing about Sunshine was the retro style mini-levels, and I'm glad to see that return, especially as so far everything else has been a bit of a breeze. It's nice to have a real challenge in there everynow and then

I forced myself to eat my dinner before I booted this up for the first time and I nearly poo'd myself with excitment when the title screen popped up.

Done the first and second Galaxy, absolutely loved every second of it. I know what your saying about the controls Ben, thats Mario tho - with his speed up/slow down mentality.

Music is absolutely stunning with its Smash Bros style orchestra.

Beerio sounds like Mario's drunk cousin. Or it could be his Dad.

I'm on my third galaxy now, I've been making sure I've done every level available before I move on, so I've done some of the time trial challenges and stuff.

There's some awesome gameplay mechanics in here that I don't want to spoil as I don't think they've been talked about.

The ray surfing bit was great, took a bit of time to control it properly but I only lost one life on it.

The bubble bit I'm on now and it's brilliant!

Anyone that's been holding off getting a Wii waiting for the game that pushes the controls while still being a proper game, this is it. :)

Centy, picks, Jimbo, etc - you need a Wii.

Man, I was worried this game was gonna be too easy but it's just perfect.

Not too hard, and not too easy.

The Rocky Road level was pretty hard IMO.

I really like the way this game does bosses. There's tons of em', but they work so well. Just work out what to do, a few hits, bam. No shitty slogfests.

I have to say, this game is utterly brilliant. I got addicted on Ray Surfing for a while - hard to control properly but once you do it's a treat.

Anyone who wants a Wii to get this game - do it.

You won't be disappointed.:)

According to the manual, click on the star logo on the map screen and it shows you which stars you have. Click the camera button and it takes a picture of the page. Then you send it to your own message board, and then you can send it to your friends.

Seems a bit of a long winded way of doing it, but we can get proof when TGK claims he has all the stars first. ;)

I'm currently on a world that nods to a very early Cube game. :)