passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hendo Revolution continues...

illdog

Has potential but i had finished the other games to as far as i was interested, so i had to trade at some point and it trims the collection down a little, im sure i will find some games over the next few months if not will invest in some blue-rays!

• 3 weeks later...

I've done some trading today.

CoD4 - I'm cashing this in while it still has some value, I've finished it twice and unlikely to play the multiplayer again so bye.

MW2 - I quite enjoyed the single player but I'm getting reall sick of this type of game so I'm unlikely to go back to it, and the multiplayer is too frustrating, Battlefield and Halo are kinder to me.

Disaster: Day of Crisis - Terrible game.

Street Fighter IV - Again, selling it while it has value and I have a funny feeling I will end up in posestion of Super Street Fighter IV. :blush:

I thought about selling my old Battlefield games but since I've barely touched the single player on them I decided to keep them around, just in case.

I also tried to sell Minon Man: Everyday Hero but it isn't on Gamestation's system.. its like it doesn't realy exist and I'm stuck with it..

It came to just over £40 so I got God of War 3, but its going on the backburner until I'm done with current games.

Nice work DC.

I'm thinking of going into Gamestation in the morning to trade the following in.

rgx937.jpg

(I have no idea why I bought Wii Fit Plus. The Wii is in the bedroom now on the small CRT, so there's no way it'd get used any time soon either).

I'm looking to get this:

419462ps_500h.jpg

It's £299.99 in store at the moment. I am going to ask if I can swap out Bad Company 2 for God of War 3. If not, I'll be selling it. I don't need the other two games either, but it's the best bundle they have at the moment. Another bundle is the 250GB Slim with FFXIII for £310, which I won't be going for.

This is all depending on whether they have any in stock, and if they take all of my wares. I was thinking of getting rid of Heavy Rain (£28) too, but not sure about that yet.

GS ended up giving me 4 quid more than cex. Apparently GS are pulling their finger out and trying to offer more and compete with cex, that's what the manager told me anyway.

I got rid of 360 Mirror's Edge too, as I have it on PS3 now.

• 1 month later...

Traded in a bunch of old games, and a couple of more recent one today, so the Gamestation price matching thing worked out great. I got £10 for COD2 and £14 for Bully (cex price +£1), which is more than I would have expected anyone to give for them.

It netted me SSF4 and enough left over to buy Red Dead Redemption or Split/Second outright in a couple of weeks.

Nice, hopefully you'll be around my skill level on SSFIV. I played Code Selfish and he was just a little below me, although he did take me to the wire on a lot of fights. Maybe now I've put a little time into it I'll be able to give some of the other lesser players a better fight before getting sand kicked in my face.

• 2 months later...

More stuff traded in today at Gamestation, matching CeX.

• Animal Crossing: Wild World - £11
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - £13
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - £6
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - £18
  • Super Mario Galaxy - £18

+£1

Total: £67. (would have been £39 without the price matching)

I bought two 2100 MS points cards, and still have £32 left on the card. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Trading some more stuff in a bit, to make way for the ambush of games coming out nearer Christmas.

• Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - £7
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - £5
  • Fallout 3 GOTY - £20
  • Mario Kart Wii - £18

TOTAL = £50

Once NSMB Wii and Gears 2 are done, they'll be next to be gotten rid of. I'm half-way through world 4 on NSMB, and start of chapter 4 on Gears 2. Currently £30 trade value on those two combined.

I was walking past HMV and saw a 'we now price-match plus an extra £1' sign outside, so I took them there instead and got £54 on a gift card.

They had a bit of trouble with fallout 3 goty though as it scanned as the normal version or something, and had to add an extra 16 quid to the fiver it scanned in at. They sell the goty version preowned for 12.98, and gave me 21 for it! i think I'll be taking my wares there now that they do the guaranteed price-match.

Did you even play Fallout 3 Ed? :blink:

Yeah, but haven't done for a couple months. It's too much of a time sink, I can't dedicate the time required to see everything the game offers.

That's where the DS comes in with sleep mode and quick saves.

Wow HMV adds an extra £1 too?! Problem is there games are over priced.

Gamestation adds £1 too, so couldnt u keep walking back and forth between them?

Maybe you should buy all their Fallout GOTY and trade it back to them.

I almost did buy a Fallout 3 GOTY from the other HMV. :lol: I don't think y ou could play HMV and Gamestation off against each other, you need proof of their offer. I just took my CeX printout, I was on my way to Gamestation anyway so had the sheet ready.

Their games are a bit more in most cases, but they do have some good sales and the odd cheap new release. Plus there's always the option of Blu-rays or CDs with HMV.

• 2 weeks later...

Traded some more stuff in at HMV on Friday.

Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth - £11

Blur - £19

Gears of War 2 LE - £7

inFamous - £9

TOTAL = £46

Bought Mafia II (+ 800 MS pts free) with it, and still have £60 left on a trade-in/gift card from this and a previous haul.

• 2 months later...

I've been having a bit of a clearout and trading stuff at Gamestation this month. This batch of 13 today netted me a receipt literally as long as my arm and an additional £108 credit. That gives me £203 credit and £7.something in reward points which I'll probably put towards a PS3 soon.

I had no idea I owned Psychonauts on 2 formats (Xbox and PS2) until sorting through boxes of stuff today.

• 2 months later...

At the moment I can get £22 trade for ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I have the HD collection pre-ordered for under £24. I think I may be saying goodbye to those.

I need to trade something in to put towards a 3DS. I'm thinking Donkey Kong Country Returns and Assassin's Creed II will be going if they're finished by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Traded in some games at Gamestation yesterday. They beat CeX by six quid without needing to price match, a lot more competitive prices at the moment.

Gran Turismo 5 - £30

Mario All-Stars 25th - £18

Tekken 5 - £2

£50 for that little lot. I used it to buy Dead Space 2 and stick £10 on a 3DS pre-order, with a fiver left over.

I have also flogged a load of old games on here and NTSC-UK forums. £97 in my Paypal at the moment, not too shabby. I still have stuff to get rid of, too.

:lol:

I don't have time for it. Every time I went to play there was an update, and the car I wanted to buy never appeared in the used store. And then the car you buy is too underpowered, so you spend cash tricking it out, and then you're too overpowered. Forza is a more balanced racing game with its class system.

Anyway, what've you traded in lately? You made a shitload of credit in GAME.