passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hendo Revolution continues...

illdog

My Gamestation don't add the extra quid anymore, not sure why but I'm not too fussed as I get good prices when they match CEX anyway. Mirror's Edge is meant to be worth £32 trade, though.

Yup, you are right. I got £33 for Mirrors Edge (so I basically got a T-shirt for a couple of quid :) ). It was Fable 2 I just traded in for £30... I kinda miss it already, wish I had more spare time to see what it had to offer.

• 3 months later...

I traded in Boing! Docomodake for £13 (cost £9.99), Midnight Club LA for £18 (cost £10), and Viva Pinata for £5 (cost £9.99) today at Gamestation. Nothing took my fancy so I now have a £36 credit note ready for a rainy day. Tidy profit, too. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm trading in a few games in the morning. Little King's Story (£24), Street Fighter IV (£28), and Call of Duty: World at War (£26). £78 for the three, not bad at all. LKS I can't see myself ever finishing, however charming and great it is. SFIV well now I'm out of the tourney, why bother keeping it? Nah, but to be honest I can't see me playing it again any time soon, so may as well trade it for more than I paid! And World at War, well, CoD4 is still keeping me busy and I'm not the hugest WaW fan, the maps just feel janky. With Modern Warfare 2 here in six months, and fatherhood starting any time soon, I don't think I'll be missing this one too much. I just wish I didn't but the bloody map pack.

So yeah, I may but something if anything takes my fancy, otherwise I'll just take the store credit. I still have almost £30 on another credit note.

• 2 weeks later...

I traded in X-Men Origins: Wolverine today at Gamestation. It's a good job I had my CEX printout. They offered me £14 trade! They price matched CEX who offer £32 trade. Result. I asked if Virtua Tennis 2009 was out this week, but he said he thinks it's out end of June? I'm sure it's meant to be this Friday...

• 2 weeks later...

Right, im looking at trading in:

Call of duty 5

Warhammer battle march

Little Kings story

Oblivion 4

shivering isles expansion

And they will give me a cash total of 60 and an exchange total of 76, which is pretty good. Do they match the cash or the exchange total does anyone know?

Edit:

Ah i see, when you go to check out they only show you the trade in value, sweet.

Unless their value is less in which case they should add £1 to the exchange value of each right?

How much are they giving you for CoD5?

The values and the shizz are as follows:

COD5 - £26

command and conquer - £10

Guitar hero world tour - £16

Little Kings story - £22

Mario Party 8 - £13

Oblivion, elder scrolls 4 - £9

Oblivion, Shivering isles - £9

Warhammer battle march - £10

Total - £115 and one happy Sam :D

Dont know. I think im going to just save it on credit, E3 has made me realise there are lots of things i need to buy, silly me.

My master plan goes like this - save more money, buy a psp go, but not for lots of money. When my phone contract runs out in december then get a phone that comes with a ps3, then I have both, then I can start hating the other stuff. This plan is subject to change.

Stupid Crap shops. Game were utterly useless, flat out refusing to match trade in prices, apparently they only match cash prices, what?!

Gamestation were slightly less cuntish with the guy doing his best to match CEX (totally failing to do so however offering me 15 quid trade in less than CEX were offering for cash) and he said he couldnt match the CEX because theres no CEX shop here, but there is one in bristol, which is like 6 miles away.

Anyway, my quest continues. On Saturday im going to this Bristol place and im going to find the gamestation there and get my motherfucking money.

• 2 months later...

As some of you'll know, I've kinda decided to try and save up for a PSP Go. A rule I gave myself was though, was that I could only get one if I funded it from getting rid of some of my collection.

The reason I'm doing this is partly because of lack of funds, naturally, but also I felt it was time for a proper clear out and that I should get rid of those games that I'll either never return to, have completed, or just don't predict ever playing again for the foreseeable future.

The first picture below is all my PAL/EUR stuff that I'm getting rid of. The current trade in value at Gamestation (matching CEX) totals a decent £192. Couple that with a £17.58 credit note I have, and I'm not far off funding the PSP Go via trade-ins. Here's a list of what's going, and their value.

The second pic is stuff that I can't trade in. I'm thinking of pruning my PS2 collection next, but fear I won't get much at all for any of it. They won't be going to a shop, that's for sure.

r90d5j.jpg

16l08dk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As Ed asked so nicely, I traded in the following:

Rock Band (360) - £10

Pure (360) - £5

SEGA Superstars Tennis (360) - £2

The Wheelman (360) - £14

Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass (DS) - £4

Broken Sword (DS) - £10

Condemned 2 (360) - £3

Henry Hatsworth (DS) - £6

GTA : Chinatown Wars (DS) - £10

Geometry Wars : Galaxies (DS) - £7

Maybe not the best prices for some, but some of them I'm glad to see the back of.