passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Should I buy Halo 3?

aidanon

I never played it with the AI it was always coop or multi which i might say is intese because you're always stalking around and basically looking around like a meercat on speed. Boom fests are alright but i prefer something with more purpose like Enemy Territory rather than generic capture the flag stuff I only play CSS due to the sheer skill level needed to play it.

I guess its the old chesnut though trying to compare Console shooters to PC shooters is like comparing Ice to Ice Cream for flavour. Rainbow 6 is the only other 360 shooter I've actually liked as it handles almost aswell on the PC as it does the 360 though without a mouse i felt the difficulty might have been stepped a bit.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendo wrote:

See, I'd much rather a Halo than a Rainbow Six.

Mind you, what I really want is a sequel to Crackdown with 4 player co-op.:) :) :) :)

Id take that 4 player co-op and add an online deathmatch option as well. That would really tighten the trousers.

Also, id rather Halo than Rainbow, i prefer it a bit more arcadey and thats what Halo offers. Im more of a ridiculous mega weapon type of person.

I'll be getting this. I've chosen to go for it over BioShock. I think I'm going to go for the Ltd Ed. tin case version, as I've seen them on eBay for around the £35 delivered mark. I've never played either of the previous Halo's, bar 2 for about 5 minutes. I'm going to try and get into it this one though, the last FPS I played properly was GoldenEye, and the first Medal of Honor on PS1.

I think anyone who likes fps's should get halo 3, in my opinion its by no means the best game ever but you will be hard pushed to find a fps as consistantly strong, It has a slighty naff sci-fi style and story but the level design and AI is spot on (halo 1 anyway, apart from a level called the libary............worst level ever.)

Well I've just gone and bought the vanilla PAL version from a seller on eBay, £30.98 with 1st class recorded delivery. He was selling the collector's edition for a fiver extra, but I can do without that.

Will anyone be up for co-op? I've never really gotten into Halo (never played the first, played the second for about 10 mins). I'm only available quite late in the evenings or weekends, though.

Hendo wrote:

Unless a load of cash lands on my lap pretty soon, I won't be getting this till next month, so basically when everyone else is done with the campaign and are playing deathmatches, I'll be starting the campaign. :)

don't worry thats what i'll be doing as well...need to find so money to get this and the wireless network adapter before i can get back on XBL

Be warned: if you're thinking of getting the Collector's Edition in the tin case, be sure to check the disc in the shops (if that's where you're getting it), as the disc holder inside doesn't hold the discs securely, and the discs are getting scratched to fuck.

I read this on various sites a few days ago, but now it's been confirmed by a few users on RLLMUKforum, too.

I completely Whaled off Eds supreme bargain hunting skills (David Dickinson is literally shitting in his pants) and got the same version from the same guy.

So I will be up for some Co-op when it arrives on Thursday night Mister Ed, im not here this weekend though so it will break it up a bit...

I get on with the dude in Gamestation so will definetly be checking my disc first, I imagine it should be fine though as they don't keep the discs in the cases there, although they may have got damaged in shipping.

They have it listed as £44.99 (for the C.E.) but I imagine it'll be £50 in store?