passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

played the mirrors edge demo and i love it! I keep trying new ways to get past obstacles

Also played banjo kazooie N & B, and i dnt rly like it, love the old music, characters etc. I just dont like the new idea whatsoever

Tomb Raider i thought was really good, the world looks really stunning but im not too much of a tomb rainder fan

ATM downloading Naruto: Broken Bonds, saw it on the marketplace and iw as like :o, cant wait to try it, loved the first one.

Got the Footy Manager 09 demo, for the most part it looks like a sharper more spruced up version of the last few versions. The 3d mtch engine though, which is arguably completely pointless, is quite clever. I expected it just to be a handfull of clips that got recycled to demonstrate what your team was doing, but it's actually genuinely reflexive of what your players are up to. Case in point, an opposition player let the ball bounce as he was in loads of space, but my midfielder (who had ran past him) came back while he was dawdling and won the ball.

Unfortunately after my second game the whole thing crashed and I had to exit, annoying as i'd just won 5-0. The only other thing i'd noticed was that they seem to have been a lot harsher with player stats again, unless it's just a preseason thing

Banjo-Kazooie demo

Solid

I'm pre-ordering it :)

Only played the hub world so far, just trying out one of the levels....

I don't think it will be the deepest of games, the actual platforming aspect looks like it will be lessened (I think you can just walk, jump and 'punch') and hopefully the future vehicles will handle better (the hulking mass I have at the moment doesn't exactly look designed for handling) but from what I've seen, I'll have fun with this. Of course, its a typical collect 'em up but I don't honestly care. I loved the originals and I'm sure I will get plenty of enjoyment out of this too! Been after a game where I can just jump into the world and have fun for AGES!

I had a brief play before work, but I wasn't that impressed to be honest.

I don't know if it's taken from the very beginning but I felt swamped by everything around me and it's just not the Banjo I wanted. :(

I'm gonna boot it back up shortly so my opinion may change when I don't feel so rushed, but I can't see this being a day one purchase for me.

*EDIT*

Got further than I did before (only had a chance to mull around the hub world before) and I'm a bit more positive and it certainly looks lovely but I'm still a bit unsure.

I liked the checkpoint game but I found the football one to be horrible.

I've briefly played the Banjo demo, and I enjoyed it. It looks beautiful and it plays better than I imagined it would. I've done a race, came first and got my first Jiggy! I'm not sure I get the emphasis on vehicle upgrades etc that this seems to be focused on, but I can see me purchasing the full game at some point. Also, I never played the original Banjo, so that would be a sweet bonus, too.

I too hated the football game. :angry:

EDIT: just realised you can pick the ball up and put in your cart! Done it now and like the game again. I think I'm going to go and preorder it at Gamestation, they're doing the free XBLA game plus I can use some of my credit. :D

I only managed 5 mins on this before i had to go out but i really enjoyed what i played. The familiar sound effects made me long to play the original again, but this demo feels nice and shiny, easy to control, all i did was build my 'tray' and get to the top of the hill so i cant say too much i suppose.

But yay!

well after playing the demo i think im cancelling my pre order. The demo just reminded me of why i never liked Banjo in the first place.

I like the idea of the vehicles but i didn't like the way the controlled, but i spose thats down to not having any good parts. I do like the fact you can essentially build anything that is cool.

The rest just left me a little cold. Sorry guys i tried.

OK, I'm starting to dig this now. :rolleyes:

I'm on my third time through with the demo, have done the checkpoint game, punted a jiggy off a ledge and am now trying the football game again. I can get 3 goals (and I am now using the V-shaped car, cheers!) but those little electrical bastards are really pissing me off.

It seems to be a love letter to Banjo fans as the first world is a tribute to Banjo-Tooie? I think it is, but I never got round to playing that one. It's still got the sense of humour from the original and I may have to pick it up after all.

Oh and I tried the multiplayer the other day - it's kinda like a King of the Hill thing, in fact I think it's called Queen of the Knoll.

The zone you have to be in to score points is constantly moving through the course (the BanjoLand level) and you have to be in there for longer than your opponents. It's quite tricky due to it speeding up and slowing down all the time and can suddenly go up a very steep hill that you might not be able to get up quickly.

You've got a freeze gun that shoots out the back and some springs that prang out of the sides (so as to knock people about), by default. Be interesting to see what people make and if there's gonna be some unbeatable vehicles made, which would make the multi unplayable for most.

According to wiki, there's another mode called Sumo and there will be other co-op and competitive games too.

I'd guess that races would be a dead cert.

I'm really looking forward to it now. :)

Happy now, you cunt?

• 2 weeks later...
Did they send it to your PS3 message box?

And is it as shit and pointless as everyone is saying.

No, it came to my e-mail. It's quite an achievement actually, but I really don't see the point in it at all. Also, you DL it in chunks, which I don't see the point of.I know they are only 70MB each or something, but I don't want to have to DL an area each time I move out of one, just make it so it DL's all the fucking thing so I don't have no nasty surprises once I start playing. It also claims 3gb of your HDD too. :huh:

All in all, it's ok to waste 10 minutes when you are waiting to meet someone online. Nothing more.

The latest demo on the Marteplace is none other than Sonic's latest adventure; Sonic Unleashed. Weirdly though, the demo weighs in at a paltry 186.51 MBs which kind of makes me think whether this is a demo, or more of a "we'll show you a little bit of the good to lure you in." Don't be fooled folks! Take a peek though, it may take your liking.

Might be worth a try if your still unsure about tht £20 price!

• 3 weeks later...

Content: Legendary Demo

Price: Free

Availability: Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States

Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE] Download the demo for Legendaryâ„¢, a first person shooter where the beasts of mythology have been unleashed on the modern world. Use heavy weapons and special powers to fight werewolves, minotaurs and more in this incredible fight for survival.

• 2 weeks later...

Content: Lord of the Rings: Conquestâ„¢ Multiplayer Demo

Price: Free

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: Download The Lord of the Rings: Conquestâ„¢ online multiplayer demo and choose your side! Fight for either Good or Evil in the battle for Middle-earth!

has any1 tried legendary? its actually really good, its like a normal FPS, doesnt have too many different guns and a feck load of monsters.

Demo starts off with you waking up in a village war, where there are 3 teams, you, the enemy and werewolves.

What i like is the different weaknesses in the monsters. Such as werewolved have to be decapitated to be truley dead. Making it somewhat strategic in what you do.

Made be jump already when a werewolve climb up a building and smash through a wall tho <_<

SKATE 2 Demo now up on XBox Live.

Quite impressed, they've loosened the controls a little from the first one and it seems to be a little more forgiving, however, the tricking system doesn't feel as random as it did before. So the tricks are tighter yet the handling (so to speak) is looser, both very good improvements. Presentations more "urban" than it was before, and the camera doesn't feel as close to your skater as it was before, make of that what you will.

Moving stuff around and getting off your board seems to work fine, it doesn't feel or look as clumsy as it did in the Hawks games so thats definately a plus. So its lots of little small improvements over SKATE, all of which, so far, seem to be very welcome.

No upload feature on the replays for this demo, unlike the first... nevermind, the games out on the 23rd I believe.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, it does have an online mode it seems.

try out the new LOTR demo, is quite fun to play and its online too.

Its pretty much like star wars battlefront II but more old looking.

I played the PS3 demo and I quite enjoyed it. I wasnt sure about the battle with Sauron tho as I kept dieing but it just revived me with full health while Saurons stayed at whatever I got him down to. Is that how a battlefront game works - Ive never played one before.

I am thinking of picking it up when it drops in price a bit. £40 for a new game - unheard off!

• 2 weeks later...
Had I not played the demo I probably would have purchased Skate 2.

Is that a "didn't enjoy the demo" remark then? Did you play the first one?

It's a difficult one really, I, personally, think they've improved the bare bones enough to warrant a purchase but its hard to see from the demo whats gonna happen beyond that particular point, but as with most sports tie ins, I'd still normally state the "buy every other version" line.