passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Demo Thread

DANGERMAN

Anyone tried the Batman demo? I found it surprisingly good fun.

Pretty solid controls, a good look to it, maybe it will fall down in the full game though if there's that much hand-holding, but did a good job in the demo.

Lost Planet 2 Co-Op Demo Coming August 19th

Written Friday, August 14, 2009 by Dan Webb

Capcom today announced that their co-op demo that has featured at trade shows like E3, Comic-Con and soon to be GamesCom next week, will see the light of day for Gold Members on Xbox Live on August 19th, just as GamesCom opens its doors. Silver members can download the demo on August 26th.

What can we expect? Capcom tell us this ...

"Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers around the world will be able to experience the desperate battle against the enormous G-Type Salamander Akrid boss in online, co-operative shoot outs. Utilizing a host of weapons scattered through out the arena, squads of up to four players will face off against the huge monster in an attempt to bring it down. Players can assault the Salamander in a number of ways, from shearing off its legs to actually being swallowed and fighting their way out from the inside! Superior firepower comes in many flavours, including numerous beam and projectile weapons and several Vital Suit robotic combat units that up to three players can ride at once. There are new support weapons which allow teammates to boost attack and defense abilities, while players can share life-giving thermal energy amongst injured members of their squad. Additionally, the new Dash feature allows players to sprint for short distances, bringing greater speed to combat."

4 player Lost Planet 2 co-op demo on Xbox Live? Sounds like fun.

Anyone up for having a go on this?, sounds like it could be quite fun. I like the idea of being eaten and then fighting your way out, but then at the same time I can see this being a big set peice let down.

Played the batman demo and really liked it. It was more when i was thinking about it afterwards, like an aftertaste that I got excited about it. If you pre-order it in Gamestation then you get a free comic Graphic novel so I might get it there, and use my store credit left over.

Mini Ninjas demo up on Wednesday, Thursday for PSN.

Contents aren't discussed, but an early portion of Hiro, Futo and Suzume's adventure is likely.

IO Interactive (Kane & Lynch, Hitman) is trying something new with Mini Ninjas, and targeting a younger, wider audience with slapstick cartoon violence. The studio's track record makes Mini Ninjas worth keeping an eye on, but whether there will be sufficient clout for the core crowd to appreciate remains to be seen.

I wasn't keen on Mini Ninjas but when I was done with the demo the trailer the show afterwards shows some really cool stuff so I'm thinking it could be one of the demos that doesn't do the game justice, or it is a bit dull.

I liked the LP2 demo, I would say that though because I liked it first time round and bringing down hulking beasts with others is fun, I was surprised at the amount of people online, I thought it was four player co-op but there seemed to be other teams of four too which caused me to go 'who the fuck are these guys?' down the mic and people laughed, end of story.

I hope LP2 isn't all like that, I haven't been following it but I hope this is just a little mode that accompanies a game that can be played alone.

I just played another demo. Wet is up on PSN, a game made by a bunch of guys who's back catalogue is a bunch of fluff that no-one has played, but then again it was the same with Dead Space and that was pretty good. I liked the demo of Wet, its one of those silly action games, I'll be getting it when it inevitably ends up being about £15 a couple of months after its release.

the dirt 2 demo is pretty good, handling in the rally style event seems much improved over the first game :)

I didn't realise this was available to download! Very surprised the demo is out this early, off to download. :)

I thought it was four player co-op but there seemed to be other teams of four too which caused me to go 'who the fuck are these guys?' down the mic and people laughed, end of story.

it is only 4 player, there are cpu-controlled humans running around. i thought the same as you but then i noticed after playing the demo about 5 times the names were always the same and they wait for you to pass a trigger point before they jump into life

I thought it was four player co-op but there seemed to be other teams of four too which caused me to go 'who the fuck are these guys?' down the mic and people laughed, end of story.

it is only 4 player, there are cpu-controlled humans running around. i thought the same as you but then i noticed after playing the demo about 5 times the names were always the same and they wait for you to pass a trigger point before they jump into life

Theres none of this shit gets passed Topgun oh no. I want to play the LP2 demo, would you say that its a bit like playing Halo co-op where you have to fight that giant machine scorpion type thing?

I played the mini ninjas game and it was a MASSIVE disappointment for me

LP2 i have tried but only alone, nearly killed it but i had to go work ¬_¬ Need to try online, i probs end up picking this game up.

Still need to try the other 2 new demos.

Tried the Dirt 2 demo, looks amazing but crashed and couldn't work out how to start the race up once I'd rewound time.

The Mini Ninjas demo is alright, good art style but feels a bit like a budget release, very surprising that it's done by the Hitman/Kane & Lynch team.

Also tried Section 8 but it's just like a Halo rip-off.

did LP2 demo online now, defeated the thing in like 8 minutes, i still have no idea what the actual gameplay would be like or is it tons of boss battles?

Tried Section 8 Demo, the trailer never interested me, i really dont like it, i noticed you can spawn wherever u like online and every time u spawn you have to wait 10 seconds to fall from the sky and hit the floor and then you have to brake which doesnt seem to do much.