passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The random download games thread

Sambob

12/03/08

Brain Challenge 800 points

Bliss Island 800 points

Sorcery

Right on time Microsoft has revealed this week's XBLA releases; Gameloft's 'somebody call Kawashima's lawyers' Brain Challenge and Codemasters excellent PC and PSP puzzle game Bliss Island.

Brain Challenge, which is going for 800 points (about £6.50), is described as "your personal coach for mental fitness" (yuck).

Twenty different games in five categories (Memory, Visual, Logic, Math, and Focus) are available, keeping track of your daily progress and evaluating your brain level at the end. Doesn't sound familiar at all.

Bliss Island meanwhile is a fun little puzzle game for 400 (Lies) points (about three quid), which has you collecting colourful creatures and shooting baddies in a series of mini-games. We enjoyed it on PC and PSP, and for three quid you can't go wrong really.

Ill be picking Bliss Island up for £3 I rekon.

i brought bliss island for 400 at the weekend. So far i've only played through a couple of sections and I've really enjoyed it. Its pretty much a kiddy game, but there isn't anything wrong with that. I like the billiards best so far. If anyone else purchases this give me a "holla" and we'll try some live action.

Is the price reduction on Doom a temporary thing?

Went to buy some points from tesco but they had none out, so i asked a geezer nearby who was putting out stock who told me he'd never heard of what i was on about. He also gave me some trip about having worked there for four years and never heard of these points...

He neglected the fact ive bought them from tesco before and saw some there last week...

Might have to resort to buying them online...

Me and Illdizz were playing deathmatch earlier. Its fun but the levels are huuuuuuuge which makes finding one other person pretty frustrating. I'd be up for some coop at some point though. Honestly for just over 3 quid it is a retro gaming bargain.

Straight from C+VG:

Tetris-inspired blockbuster TiQal is this week's Xbox Live Arcade release, so don't bother trawling Marketplace for Ikaruga - because it's not there.

The Mayan themed puzzler has you dropping and spinning different blocks, which the aim of matching colours and destroying enemy walls. Like Tetris, then.

It costs 800 Microsoft points (about £6) and includes 120 levels, as well as a co-operative mode and Xbox Live head-to-head play. Head over to Xbox.com for screenshots.