passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your Gaming Setup

retroed

• 2 weeks later...

Our third bedroom has been full of baby junk for months. I've been trying to get it sorted the last few weeks as I've always had a games room since me and the wife moved in together. Today I finally got the opportunity to sort everything and move the crap so I'm watching Wrestlemania 19 while I wait for Infinite Warfare to install.

20170311_203400.jpg

In fairness, for this setup it isn't essential. The Xbox one isn't 4k, I haven't got a PS4 Pro yet and I won't be watching too much on Netflix up here, so 4k would be wasted on here.

In the living room though, where I watch plenty of 4k on Netflix, definitely needed!

I mean sure you're right 4K is not essential, but it does objectively make games look better...WAY better, and not really overrated as of yet, I mean it has barely hit the mainstream, how can it be overrated? Maybe in years time when everyone's got one, but people probably said that about HD back in the day, over time everyone will have 4K TVs.

All I know is that I play games in 1440p on PC and The Last Guardian & FF XV still managed to blow my tits off in HDR Upscaled 4K on the TV, both of those are objectively better too as they have better/more stable frame-rates and higher resolution/detail. Watched Hell or High Water on BR before Xmas on my Pro and it must've upscaled it or some witchcraft, looked fucking phenomenal.

@regemond Yeah that's fair enough, for your setup and situation 4K isn't essential at all (for any setup it's not really essential at the moment), my comment was aimed towards Lakitu's post than yours though.

IMG_20170312_085243148.jpg

IMG_20170312_104610529.jpg

I'm a happy bunny, especially as my tv does 5.1 pass through which can be a right bitch to sort out... The difference in resolution even on the dash is startling... I'm not certain about HDR so far, I'm not used to having things so bright but I'll see how i get on with it for a while... Roll on Scorpio.:D