passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cloverfield

Jimboxy

ok just been looking on imdb about this movie and no one knows anything about it, but there is a thread on there called "join the resistance" i think what this whole thing is is the most ingenious marketing viral ever conceived. Or its a very clever troll who's had me hooked for over an hour. Also whats interesting is the whole thing refers to http://ethanhaaswasright.com/ where there is some little flash puzzles to solve and it keeps giving video blogs talking about Armageddon and the likes, no one knows if this is part of the 18-01-08 movie or something unrelated. I hope the whole this is some clever marketing viral and i haven't been suckered in by trolls for the last hour...

mynameis wrote:

1. Wtf is a troll?

2. Fucking heavy, that teaser looks mad. Hopefully it really is a movie

a troll is someone how posts shit on the internet and crap on forums.

The movie is real. the trailer is on with transformers. i'm just not sure if all the stuff on imdb and the other web site is related to the movie or just someone jumping on a band wagon, although the whole thing seems to clever to have come out of some kids bedroom. in fact the whole thing screams jj abrams

mynameis wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

Apparently its called Cloverfield, and yeh its JJ Abrams

according to imdb cloverfield is a fake working title. in fact if you look at the imdb, nothing is known for sure apart from producers director and a few of the actors, the rest is speculation, abrams might actually be a better hype generator then the entire PR staff at Rockstar...

On the way home from work, James King was talking about this on Radio 1.

The working title refers to when it's due to open in American cinemas - the 18th of January 2008. Apparently a disaster/monster movie based around a party of people who happen to film the whole thing on portable cameras.

Sounds pretty cool.

• 6 months later...

So, anyone seen it yet?

I just did, and absolutely loved it.

The pacing, the scares, the special effects, just awesome.

The film actually makes you feel as if you are there, I've never been so engrossed by a film before. Having it filmed with camcorders was a masterstroke IMO, although Phooey really shouldn't see this. He'd probably die.:laugh:

Out of interest does anyone who liked this enjoy Blair Witch also?

I'm looking forward to Cloverfield but thought Blair Witch was the biggest load of shit ever... Totally couldn't get into it. My wife on the other hand couldn't sleep after seeing it!!

Just a bit worried that the camcorder thing might be offputting, I reckon I'd probably just put down the camcorder and do what I had to do :)

I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic. A very clever idea and the best take on the monster movie genre that the west has ever managed. The only bit i would pick fault with is some slightly ropey special effects.

Also saw the teaser for the new star trek at the same time, think thats going to be awesome as well, and it won't even be an even number...don't know if anyone else is into there trek...

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this but it's actually pretty good. Thy're all fucking idiots that will happily head directly towards a giant monster, but besides that its done quite well...

Except, and I dont know if this is linked. I hate all the characters, every single one of them but especially the guy behind the camera. I hate everyone in Lost, especially the main people. And I dont think its by the same guy but that film about that couple that get stranded floating in the sea and eventually get eaten by sharks, I hated them too. And all the people in Blair Witch, especially the cock that throws away the map (why would anyone do that?)

So yeah, it's good and the monsters pretty original, but I wasn't too fussed when people died

I got round to seeing this yesterday, and it was pretty good - better than i expected. The monster was better than i thought it would be. The hand held cameraness pissed me off quite a bit though!

And also, what fucking camera does that guy own? I want one! It lasts for over seven hours while using the light and night vision. Mine'd be lucky to last 2 hours :P

And another thing, how was that retard holding the camera? cos everyone talking to him looks past the camera like he's holding it on his hip or something. When he isnt.

:P