passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Getting a 360...

SlyEnemy 2.0

I cant believe youve got Bioshock before me Hendo!!

Ive pre ordered mine ages ago and the brute was meant to turn up yesterday... and the posts been for today as well!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Its not fair!!!!!

Edit:

Just seen on Xbox Live that Illdogs been playing it!!!

:( :( :( *sob*

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least you have a 360, Shin. :(:P

Woolies Elite deal: http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/browse...?cat=cat1003268

PC World deal: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/s...p_id=HotUKDeals

Blue Dragon gets 30 quid trade, so that PC World offer is pretty good.

Choices deal: Here

If only a Premium would suffice, thats a great bargain.

Hendo, how long is the Ethernet lead that comes with the Elite? Only I think they've shortened them compared to the older Cores/Premiums, going by what someone said on another forum.

Next step is Xbox Live, need a new ethernet cable, one supplied with the xbox is about 2 meters.

Hendo wrote:

I can't believe I clicked on that link.

Cheers Phoo. :(

I saw the link read the other comments and I still clicked on the link :pinch: So in retaliation i opened 2 sealed gba games that were sitting on my shelf B)

Hendo wrote:

Sorry mate. Don't open it ! Think of the value in 50 years time ! etc etc ;)

Centy wrote:

Hendo wrote:

I saw the link read the other comments and I still clicked on the link :pinch: So in retaliation i opened 2 sealed gba games that were sitting on my shelf B)

I hope you filmed that. You/we could've then sent the link to that forum... :whistle:

Phooey wrote:

Hendo wrote:

Sorry mate. Don't open it ! Think of the value in 50 years time ! etc etc ;)

Centy wrote:

Hendo wrote:

I hope you filmed that. You/we could've then sent the link to that forum... :whistle:

They'd have a heart attack!:laugh:

Well, I've had a great weekend of doing nothing much else but playing on the 360. I haven't been here at all (bar voting in the GotM via my phone) because I haven't been at home! I've set Live up and my tag is....

MrHendo.png

I've added a few people from here already and GTM (the tags that I could remember) but feel free to add me if I haven't already.

Along with my original haul I've now bought a second wireless pad (white to off-set the black one I got with it) and 2nd hand copies of Ridge Racer 6 and Dead Rising. It's pretty much wiped me out financially for the month, but those are pretty much all the games I wanted, and it's not like they'll all be finished anytime soon.

I've also gone crazy downloading pretty much all the decent Arcade and proper demos and my drive is now at about 89 gig!

However, for all it's magicness, it's only strengthened my opinion on the gamers who slag off casual gamers and the Wii - you have an alternative, it's most likely you already have a 360, why can't you just shrug your shoulders and say "well, it's not for me"?

Sometimes I hate the internet.

Well, I'm pretty much set on getting my 360 now. Once I trade in a few more DS games I'm not playing, a couple of Wii games and some PS2 games that are just gathering dust I should have over £150 of credit in GAME.

I've been meaning to get a 26" LCD for ages too, so I figure when I get back to London next week I'm just going to get everything at once. It's like ripping off a plaster, I may as well spend all my money at once instead of prolonging things :)

Only issue now is whether to get the Elite or the Premium (Pro?). I was totally set on the latter but the Elite is a bit more future proof and apparenly less prone to breaking....and it's black..I like black.

aidanon wrote:

Only issue now is whether to get the Elite or the Premium (Pro?).

The guys here that have the 20 gig drive may be able to confirm this or not, but when I set everything up, had a couple of games saved, downloaded about 3 Arcade demos (very small file sizes) I looked at my settings and the drive had 104 gigs left.

Does this mean with a 20gig you'd have only 4 left after setting it all up?

I know why you're always left with far less memory than you thought you'd have but it's a pain in the ass.

I'd say if you can stretch to it (and you'll be likely to be downloading a lot of crap, like me), I'd go for the Elite.

aidanon wrote:

Only issue now is whether to get the Elite or the Premium (Pro?). I was totally set on the latter but the Elite is a bit more future proof and apparenly less prone to breaking....and it's black..I like black.

Yeah no reports of the Red ring of death on the Elite yet.