passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Sambob

wildejon wrote:

Just wondering, why do some of you say it is best NOT to let some 'mon evolve until they have levelled up more? I don't get it...

Some pokemans only learn certain moves at certain levels and certain stages of evolution.

Its always been a common theme with the starter pokemon that they either learn powerfull moves quicker (e.g: at level 30 instead of 50) or learn a new move that there evolved form would never learn.

Most pokemon learn moves earlier if you dont evolve them. They can also learn moves that they wont learn after evolving(they can also learn moves after they evolve that they wont lear before evolving. It's a matter of choosing which moves you want. Better check gamefaqs or cerebii.net if you are planning on training a pokemon.

Although im sure you can take a evolved 'mon to the move tutor and teach it a move it missed due to evolving...

Anyway, we need to get down to a little matter of battling and/or trading.

Ive got loads of pokes now so if anyone has ones im missing id gladly breed to trade... might even have the odd spare legendary from playing through certain games twice...

But we should definitly have some sort of tournament at some point - after the mario strikers one's finished...?

An i think we'd need to have some sort of ground rules to make it fair e.g. no super legendaries or only pokes up to a certain level.

Well i sort of made up the super legendary term... :silly:

but by my definiation a 'super legendary' would be ones most people cant obtain without a nintendo event like Mew, or Celebi (although some of them can be attained through colleseum or XD on the cube)

and a 'normal' legendary is a one off - like mewtwo, palkia or dialga.

:)

There's a list of pokemon that usually are banned from competition. They include most of the legendary and a couple of rare pokemon. The reason is that they are too powerful. They are called ubber pokemon.(Serebii.net bans Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus, Wobbuffet)

I'm currently looking for magby and elekid or any of the evolutions and porygon. I have the starters of all the games and several other rare pokemon. I can get you one or if you so desire, an egg of one of them.

I'm not really into poke battles. I'd rather fill the pokedex and only after that will I consider building a team but if you want, I can try to get some pokemon ready for battle.

• 2 months later...

I went back to this on friday/saturday whilst waiting for Zelda to turn up, and probably enjoyed it more than I have at any point. I need one more gym badge (not sure where to get it, maybe near the ice one?) and I spent the day kicking some ass all over Galactic's HQ.

It's strange, I couldnt give 2 shits about all the superfluous stuff that goes along with pokemon, mainly because I dont understand it, and I wouldn't say I've been exactly loving this, but I've played nearly 80 hours. Which isn't too bad for a rpg on a handheld.

Yes well, I did like the game I honestly did, then after the Pokemon league it was really boring, I've caught all or most of the none event legendaries, and the box makes me want to hang myself, I wish I waited for the english version, at least then there'll be less gay sparkles.

Whatever happaned to the good Pokemon boxes? Not Mr. Sparkle dubbed ones.

Was an okay game despite the fact I got bored easily and my strong dislike of the box it came in.

i put a good 20 hours into it, i can put up with managing and levelling a team of six but its getting to the point where i need more than 6 pokemon and the levelling is obscene from here on in. doubt ill play much more, which is a shame as i do like the strategy of the battles and the whole running around destroying peoples local gym heroes on the hunt for glory

yeah its really really hardcore with the levelling, which seems to me a total paradox, because its goddamn pokemon! obviously that thought has only just hit me because im a poken00b, the realisation that behind the fluffy, cute, innocent exterior there beats the titanium heart of a grinding slogfest that can make grown men cry, is not a new one to most i imagine!

Yeah its the slogfest thats put me off picking it back up, currently trying to get through victory road but Max Repels don't even work in there, in fact I'm sure you just go into battle with strong wild pokemon which defeats the point slighty. Its probably the game telling me I need to grind more.:(

• 10 months later...