passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

Oh wow, someone sent me a link to this thread and suggested i clear something up and then i read what was posted. frowny face

After listening to some podcast again recently, not only did he mention this on air I had to google something that was mentioned. It happens that the Joypod mentioned about the studio or something belonging to Tommy Boyd, who is a staunch BNP supporter if you are to believe what is written on the interwebs. :blink:

Tommy Boyd is in no way a supporter of the BNP. I know the bloke personally and i know that this is far FAR from the truth. Play Talk let the Dept Leader of the BNP have a 1 hour show on play talk to discuss issues. As i believe it, this was done to completely show them up. I listened once and it was just people with better arguments phoning in and making him look like a fucking idiot (he didn't have the power to cut people off you see). Play didn't pay him, and they even had a guy called Fat Steve on after him who was a big Greenpeace supporter, who spent most of his show taking the piss out of the bloke.

I spoke with Michael about this when they started the 'Simon Darby Show' and we discussed whether we should be on the station or not. We were then told by the station that if we wanted to slag off the BNP on air then we could, and would have if challenged about it. We didn't because we didn't want to waste any of our show talking about them.

For the record, i fucking hate the BNP, however i'm glad it exists. It's nice to have all the fucking idiots in the world in one place where we can keep an eye on them.

That's not entirely surprising. The whole ethos of the station is very much in line with the conservative American talk stations. You must've heard the guy Richard J Cartridge who does little spoken jingles for Joypod, going by his adverts, his show sounds almost to the point of parody. His background music is even the Darth Vader march!

The RJC advert was a joke man, you should have heard his show, it was fantastic. Really funny and not right-wing at all.

Got to be honest, that's kind of put me off Joypod (not that they're racists, or so i assume).

Although i cant proove this i can tell you from the heart that i'm not racist... or 'realist' or even 'nationalist'. I love all apart from michael.

As for the show on the 30th, it's not on play talk, keep an eye on thisisjoypod.com for details on how to call/tune in

Hope this settles a lot of your worries!

Got to be honest, that's kind of put me off Joypod (not that they're racists, or so i assume).

Although i cant proove this i can tell you from the heart that i'm not racist... or 'realist' or even 'nationalist'. I love all apart from michael.

Hendo told me that when you did our podcast he had to cut out about 5 minutes of anti-semitism, care to explain that you massive fascist?

nah, it's good to know that the station is ok, and for the record my suggestion about you was meant tongue in cheek (and I never thought you'd read it :blush: )

Hendo told me that when you did our podcast he had to cut out about 5 minutes of anti-semitism, care to explain that you massive fascist?

nah, it's good to know that the station is ok, and for the record my suggestion about you was meant tongue in cheek (and I never thought you'd read it :blush: )

not at all dude, i'm not here to have a pop at anyone or get all upset or anything, i'd just hate for anyone to think anyone involved with the show support the bnp or anything.

I forgot to mention that I watched a youtube clip (well, it was just audio from his show, but you know what I mean) of Tommy Boyd defending the idea of putting Simon Darby on and to be fair, he came across more that he was doing it for publicity rather than he agreed with the guys' ideals, but stuff like that can backfire.

Whether he cares or not, he is now seen by the BNP as being a supporter, as the clip I saw was posted by someone with the BNP logo as their avatar. Whether he is or not or the station is or not I don't really care, I only listen to Joypod on the station because none of their other shows are made for me.

Keep up the good work, elmo, it's been fucking ages since the last show, I've been having withdrawl from you and the egg. :)

I forgot to mention that I watched a youtube clip (well, it was just audio from his show, but you know what I mean) of Tommy Boyd defending the idea of putting Simon Darby on and to be fair, he came across more that he was doing it for publicity rather than he agreed with the guys' ideals, but stuff like that can backfire.

Whether he cares or not, he is now seen by the BNP as being a supporter, as the clip I saw was posted by someone with the BNP logo as their avatar. Whether he is or not or the station is or not I don't really care, I only listen to Joypod on the station because none of their other shows are made for me.

Keep up the good work, elmo, it's been fucking ages since the last show, I've been having withdrawl from you and the egg. :)

you'll have to trust me that i wouldn't defend the bloke if i didn't know what he was like.

listened to my first non mfgamers podcast's last week, idle thumbs and giant bomb, both as recommended here, thought idle thumbs was pretty funny so will check out the new ones of that, didn't enjoy the bombcast as much but it was ok, don't have much time to listen to them though so don't think this will be a regular thing.

I'm quite far through my Idle Thumbs marathon. I'm actually at the point where I originally tried them out, back in April where they discussed Henry Hatsworth and a hilarious discussion on the Shadow of the Colossus film, where they decide that it's gonna be a buddy-cop movie, Shadow & Colossus - Back In Action!