passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

I'd give Bombcast a miss this week Sly. It was ok, but if you hated last weeks which was pretty funny imo, then you arent going to like this one

I started listening to it last night and it seemed alright, though I was drifting in and out of sleep and they seemed to dwell on fighters talk for quite a while.

I'm right on top of my podcasts now, might have to find something new myself.

That Gaming Room 101 was a good one, can't remember the name of it, Ed posted it on the last page.

• 2 weeks later...

After listening to some podcast again recently, I had to google something that was mentioned. It happens that the Joypod mentioned about the studio or something belonging to Tommy Boyd, who is a staunch BNP supporter if you are to believe what is written on the interwebs. :blink:

That's not entirely surprising. The whole ethos of the station is very much in line with the conservative American talk stations. You must've heard the guy Richard J Cartridge who does little spoken jingles for Joypod, going by his adverts, his show sounds almost to the point of parody. His background music is even the Darth Vader march!

Got to be honest, that's kind of put me off Joypod (not that they're racists, or so i assume).

As for a non-gaming podcast Sly, i started listening to Richard Herrings podcasts the other week, they're really good in a dereck & Clive kind of way

This week's Giant Bombcast is mostly good, although the guest is annoying at times.

In all honesty, I would skip the beginning and go straight to 28:55 as it's really dull at the start.

At some point, Jared (the guest) talks about his girlfriend. I think he's only kidding himself.

54156.jpg?dopvhost=cdn.themis-media.com

Giant Bomb's sound was quite as good in this weeks show as it normally is.

Idle Thumbs this week is superb. Seriously, if you've tried it before and didn't get it, or have never listened to them before, give them a go. If only for the first fifteen minutes. If you don't laugh out loud you have no soul.

It's fast becoming my second favourite podcast.

I really enjoyed the bombcast this week, conversely I think I'm going to have to give 1up a rest for a while. It's started to become so resentful and angry, well not become it is. It's basically like someone reading out the worst neogaf posts for 2 hours. I like Garnet but he's not funny enough to carry the show, and while I used to hate Ellis he's settled in to being a decent regular.

John's actually my main problem with it, he used to be the best on it, more reasoned than anyone else and distant enough to take the piss when it needed taking. I dont know if he's playing up because they feel they need a cartoon villain after Shane left (because now there's no easy argument), but he's so negative on everything. His jokes are always sneeringly superior too, then when he's wrong about something or someone points out his dickishness he just denies it.

Hendo was right to call him a cunt

Well Play Talk IS coming back as far as we know. Planned to come back in October and we still have a slot. There are loads of rumors going around that Play Talk is over, but they're simply not true. They seem to have been started by the 'Hardcore' that think they know whats going on.

On Sunday 30th we will be in the play radio studios but not on play talk and i think thats as much as i can say really. You'll be able to listen live, i'll post up the stream link here before hand and you'll be able to call and skype in and all that jazz. In fact things are likely to work a little better than before. This show is kind of going to be a one off. I'm going to try and get us on weekly after that until Play Talk is back but i can't guarantee that'll be the case.

Oh and this show will be Michael, James Farley and Myself in studio so i'm really looking forward to it.

Idle Thumbs this week is superb. Seriously, if you've tried it before and didn't get it, or have never listened to them before, give them a go. If only for the first fifteen minutes. If you don't laugh out loud you have no soul.

It's fast becoming my second favourite podcast.

Idle Thumbs is one of my favourites. I was biting my lip not to laugh out loud on the train at the "Nintendo Horse Bag" and "Castroid" bits.

I'd recommend people also go and grab some of the previous ones as it will help you understand some of the running jokes.

11 episodes in on my mammoth Idle Thumbs experience. I'm only up to December of last year so got loads to go.

I'm enjoying it so I will keep on listening but I've not found it laugh out loud funny so far.

Phrases and in-jokes learned so far: "seg", "sweet", "it will BLOW YOU AWAY", and loads more I can't remember right now.

Got a new Bombcast to listen to today as well. :)