passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

DC-1142.jpg

http://thedigitalcowboys.com/

This week represents the combined efforts of no less than twelve individuals. This is a guest-extravaganza like we’ve never had before, but we’re not just doing a normal show so pay attention.

Room 101 is a fictitious place where all the misery in the world goes to die. It originated in Orwell’s 1984 as a room which contained your worst fear and it inspired a British TV show where guests would come on and campaign to have things they hated put there forever. Sandals worn with socks, people who talk loudly in restaurants and lateness are the type of things that get submitted. The hosts job is to attempt to form a counter-argument as to why that thing should stay out and free to annoy people.

We did this, with video games as the theme and guests from eight other shows. So you get…

1. Rob Borges from Gamers with Jobs

2. Cooper Hawks from Gamehounds

3. Daniel Floyd from Talking About These

4. Bobby Blackwolf from All Games Radio

5. Tim Wilsie from Gamehounds and GridCycle (Also the sorely missed show The Widget)

6. Chris O Regan from The Superhappyfuntimeshow

7. David Turner and Michael Fox from Joypod

8. Chris and Kelly Brown from The Married Gamers

All of them came on for an interview, all of them put forward at least one loathsome aspect of video gaming to be cast into the fiery pit and we did our level best to keep them out. What it makes for is a damn good and often hilarious bumper episode. It’s longer than normal so you might want to do this in two sittings, but do check out the shows noted above and and have a listen (or a look in some cases). We wouldn’t have them on if we didn’t want to hear what they had to say. Many thanks to everyone involved. This was a long time coming, but it was worth it.

I just added a few podcasts to my subscribe, I am hoping they are going to cut the boredom at work, as the last few shifts have been the most monotonous since I was in the print industry. I'm seeing spindles in my dreams I see that many off them. <_<

Listened to the NowGamer one today. It would have been great, if it wasn't for that Dan guy talking all the fucking time. Seriously, 90% of it was just his voice. What a cunt. Shame really, as the other guys were quite interesting.

I've never listened to NowGamer.

What weekly gaming podcasts does everyone listen to, then? I have a few on the go, but don't always get through them all before the next one comes out. I tend to get through the majority, though. If I miss any it's normally Major Nelson, the IGN ones, and Out of the Game.

• crankygamersuk.net
  • GamerDork UK
  • Gamers With Jobs - Conference Call
  • The GameSpot UK Podcast
  • Giant Bombcast
  • Idle Thumbs
  • IGN Game Scoop!
  • IGN Nintendo Voice Chat
  • Joypod
  • MFGamers
  • Official Xbox Magazine
  • One Life Left
  • Out of the Game
  • Player One Podcast
  • Sarcastic Gamer Radio
  • UncleGamer Radio
  • What They Play
  • Xbox Live's Major Nelson
  • 1UP.com Listen UP

I listened to NowGamer for a couple of episodes, but yeah, the host will barely let people speak and when they do he chimes in as often as he can with something he deems hilarious. I've unsubscribed and deleted them, awful.

I can easily limit my weekly gaming casts to Co-Op, Giantbombcast, Joypod, and ListenUp, especially as ListenUp and Giantbombcast are both pretty long so I can listen to them in bits over the week.

The last but one Joypod was especially funny - http://thisisjoypod.com/2009/07/09/joypod-...-it-old-school/

I listened to Joypod this morning at work. There was pretty much bugger all talk about games, but it was so funny I'll be listening again. The cake conversation really made me laugh, as well as that weird interlude thing about the guy and his sound effects.

I listen to Giant Bombcast and Idle Thumbs Podcast regularly, I'd class those as unmissable. I listen to RebelFM semi-regularly , depending on what the topic and guests are.

I get ListenUp most weeks, because it's nice to feel more informed than the people who are payed to write about games. :lol:

I got halfway thought the giant bombcast, it's ok I guess, nothing special. The whole wii sports resort thing made me a bit cynical about it all tbh, the way they fawned over it made me a bit queasy. They also seem to be PC gamers, which is something I don't dig at all. Still, the guys know their BF, which was nice.

I'm going to give it a few more shows, if it doesn't grab me then it's off the sub. Joypod has been the best by miles out of the non MFG podcasts. I laughed my way through that, it only seemed to be on for 10 minutes, it went past so fast.

I'd give the Bombcast more time, it soon sticks, though I don't like the usually long rambling intros where they test drinks and stuff. They sometimes talk about classic PC games but mostly they talk console.

I shall listen when I am at work. We just recently had a massive order on spindles, so I'm going to need all the listening material I can get my hands on, because the next ten weeks are going to be long long boring ones. Besides, I want to listen and complain about it. Its my prerogative.