passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Virtual Console

Hendo

Thanks Shin, a spooky posting at the same time thing going on there!

And you're right. This is the best Zelda by far, such an amazing experience. If anyone here hasn't played this yet, which I would find hard to believe, then I urge you to download and enjoy this masterpiece. Hell, I'm going to start it for the umpteenth time when I'm good to go. It's always been top down for me, I just haven't taken to the 3D ones in the same way at all. Here's the IGN review for Zelda: ALTTP [VC]. It's full screen, no borders, too.

As for whether to get the VC or GBA variants, if it was me I'd probably go with the GBA ones, as I spend a lot more time on my handhelds. But the Wii save states is also a useful feature if you game a lot at home. And a big screen is always nice, especially for really getting into Zelda 3. Get Zelda for VC and Mario for the GBA I say. :)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE FOR 30/03/07

Punch-Out!!® (NES)

Dragon's Curse (TurboGrafx)

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)

I wonder if we'll have to wait until midnight instead of 11pm, now the clocks have changed?

Mystical Ninja FTW! I had it on the SNES but got rid of it, didn't play it that much, but I remember it being AWESOME. Also, Dragon's Curse review HERE.

Nothing to make me wait up, sadly.

I remember Dragon's Curse as Wonderboy : Dragon's Lair I think. I never got on with the Wonderboy games when they started adding RPG elements to them though.

As for the time, isn't Nintendo Europe's base in Germany? I think they're an hour ahead of us so they probably make the games come out midnight their time, so we should still get them at 11.

Of course I could be talking arse.

Agree with Ed, Mystical Ninja for the win! Ill download this beaut later.

Im really tempted by Punch Out too, the SNES game is one of my all time faves and i havent really dabbled in the NES original so I may give it a go. And one played NES Punch Out?

Providing my source is correct, these will be what we receive tonight. Not 100% confirmed.

UPDATE 06/04/07

Sonic Spinball (MD)

The Story of Thor (MD)

Vectorman (MD)

No sign of Lylat Wars as of yet.

Spot on Mr.Van de Saar, your the VC king.

I downloaded Story of Thor an have been thoroughly enjoying it so far! Its basic stuff, top down adventure action with maps and castle's and the likes but I like it.

Agreed James, Actraiser is a great game andone of my all time favorites. The music on the first hack'n'slash level is awsome, infact the whole soundtrack is gnarly.

I want that Bonks Adventure too, but im downloading too many games on the VC and not playing them so its time to chill.

But everyone download Actraiser or else.

illdog wrote:

I want that Bonks Adventure too, but im downloading too many games on the VC and not playing them so its time to chill.

That sounds familiar.

:)

Luckily there's nothing to get me interested this week so I can spend more time on the others that need finishing.