passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma 2

Nag

Shit!

de6f8070-42b2-4cbc-866b-1ce6d1354d90.png

Those eyes look suspiciously red...

Time for Laurana to take a not so accidental fall off a tall cliff.

So I went ahead and finished this yesterday...

First off complaints... the story (what there is of one) is absolute guff and to be fair they may as well not bothered, it's probably worse than the first game in that regard. It lacks areas to stand against Bluemoon Tower, The Catacombs and The Shadow Fort from the first game, the amount of decent creatures cut (Hydra, Cockatrice and giant Gorecyclopse to name a few) there's a lack of end game grind which you could do with The Everfall and it seriously needs either a hard mode or difficulty sliders.

And even after moaning about all that the game is so moreish... I literally jumped straight back in to NG+ with my same characters and started all over again... this time I think I'm not gonna rent Mages or Sorcerer and just roll melee class characters, I've already been in stitches watching Laurana (Thief) and my rented Fighter and Warrior steamroll a Troll by throwing exploding barrels, rocks and sometimes each other at it.

I really hope my end game issues get sorted with an expansion because I'm definitely not ready to say goodbye to this anytime soon.

The stuff you're saying is why I put my playthrough on pause, read similar on reddit that its a bit undercooked in the back half and it had me wondering why i needed to level and get new gear

I'll be happy enough to just start over in a few months with a more complete endgame to look forward to, and maybe with some difficulty mods (we already have a couple), or something to reduce XP gain a bit

Shame that its not that game right now, though

Im 26 hours in and still feel really underpowered. Griffins and Drakes absolutely muller me. When do I start to have fun slaughtering everything in 1 hit? 

Yayyyy...

20240420_091420.jpg

Tbf there's nothing too taxing in this... bar fucking yourself over in the Unmoored World.

Ready for an expansion now Capcom... hint hint.

Having bought the original & Dark Arisen versions across different platforms I'm looking forward to this one - but happy to wait a year or so to see what they do with it (patches, additional content etc).

I fucked up!! I googled which ending to go for and ended up in the

Spoiler

unmoored world. 

I didn’t want spoilers so didn’t read what that actually entailed. TBH I feel done, I was ready for it to end.

Spoiler

I didn’t realise it would be a whole other quest line. 

i gave it a quick go but fuck that. The bosses are taking way too long to kill. Plus after spending 20 minutes on a boss I fell off by mistake and died at the last bit and lost a shit load of progress. Fuck this. 

Wish I had a save I could go back to before my choice and just enjoy fucking about in the world trying out different vocations but that’s a no go now. 

Im surprised how much I really enjoyed this overall though. There’s loads of design decisions I really don’t like. & on paper I should hate this game. But for the most part I thought it was great. Left a very sour taste but that’s partly my fault. Im done. 

7/10

I just want to share this too. Really made me happy when I did this. 

Edit - sorry don’t know what it’s done with the videos. Fucking shit phone. 

4 hours ago, mfnick said:

I tried that. I did save at an inn before going into the final area but it wouldn’t give me the option to load from an inn at that point. 

Yeah... I realised that after about 20 minutes of posting the comment, brain freeze...😂