passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gamergate 2

Maf

Apparently they’re making a sequel

See how far this develops and it’s a shit news story but it’s a thing being talked about.

This seems to be spinning out of the Sweet Baby Inc ‘scandal’ where right wing conspiracy theorists think ESG funding of games comes with strings attached that companies like Sweet Baby Inc must be involved in games using the money to push ‘woke agendas’ 

I don’t know much about the game funding process, but god damn.

Anyway, the idea is that because interest rates on loans are shit, ESG funding is stopping, which is the reason for a lot of studio closures, lay offs and projects being canned. In tandem, flops like Suicide Squad are because of the ‘woke’ characters in it - which for these right wing dudes is all vindication/signs that the ‘wokeness’ will be flushed out of games and AA gaming is going to make a come back and their going to start making the games you like again.

I mean I don’t know where to begin. I honestly don’t know the background to what ESG funding is, but I assume this is all nuts. Now people on Twitter are saying this is Gamergate 2 because all these right wing/conspiracy/hate mongers think that this is the time to strike at anything that resembles ‘wokeness’ in the games industry, which has led to things like girls in game devs and media already locking their account. Not sure how big this really is or how much fuel it has. But fffffffffff

IMG_0731.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

EDIT: Also worth noting the guy in the video Grummz, is the same idiot who said Starfield had no passion put in it and that was obvious because of the title screen being so bland. Then everyone who had worked with him came out and said he had always been a cunt. So no surprise what side he lands on, then

I dunno about this.  Everyone involved are the types always trying to stir shit like this up.

I could be charitable but they don't deserve it.  There is maybe an argument that some of this stuff is a bit toothless, always a bit too cozy and wholesome and maybe some more confidence in their world building would be better but that's not what these chuds are bothered about.  It's that there are minority characters are just there in the first place.

Fuck 'em.

If at some point a reputable source explains all of this without bias, feel free to @ me. Until then, I'm ignoring all this because the Gamergate label doesn't make it particularly enticing to engage with.