passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

ss_515d6e054265fde30ca72373ffaefd50e9276

Picked this up because I needed something to get my gaming juices flowing again and it has reviewed very well.

ss_c86c35b3d748565240b4d02879a18dd3ba0c1

It’s basically out on everything. I’ve played around 40 minutes and it mostly involves solving environmental puzzles similar to something like Hob, without the combat, which was a game that I quite liked. Nothing taxing so far.

My current save file is saying 22% which would mean that the game is probably in the 3-5 hour range. I don’t have any problem with that considering the length of other games I’ve played this year.

I played through it over weekend, took me 5 hours including all achievements which are incredibly easy to get. 

I was disappointed truth be told. From the reviews and being from one (or some?) of the main guys from Limbo and Inside I was really excited but I just found it really dull and tedious to get through. Some of the orb swapping and running back and forth between them got really tiresome really quickly later on too. I love everything about it visually though. & some of the tricks it pulls I can appreciate on a it being clever level even if I didn’t enjoy actually doing it. 

Personally it’s a 6/10. Don’t understand the high reviews at all. Nowhere near being in same league as Limbo and Inside for me. 

I didnt realise it was related to limbo/inside. Id say i like those games but not a massive fan if that makes any sense

played it over the last few days, and it didnt really grab me at the start, think it gets better/more interesting near the end, the ideas near the end are pretty clever but similar to mfnick, i thought moving the stuff around got a bit boring and could have done with a way to speed it up. So for me i quite liked it near the end, but it doesnt live up to high review scores and whatnot

I’m about two hours in and like you guys said, it doesn’t come across as a classic of the genre, but I am enjoying the simplicity and straightforwardness of it. I guess you could describe it as a puzzle-adventure game. Currently at 46% completion.

Up to 83% completion now. This game has probably drifted to a 7/10 for me. Certainly nowhere near the 89% it has on Metacritic. I would put it in a similar category to Norco and Tunic, worth a look, but over-rated. The critics aren’t really helping it by rating it so highly. It’s still a pretty cool game.

I think where my expectations were probably off is in the linearity of the game. I thought it would be non-linear in the style of games like Obra Dinn, The Witness, Thimbleweed Park etc. The linearity of the game brings it much closer to the walking simulator genre. 

Finished, after 7 hours, with 15/17 achievements. I just missed two moon ancestors. My last session with the game was pretty enjoyable, the puzzles were fairly intuitive and there were no more bosses. The final cut scene is also pretty cool. In the end I would probably give it 8/10.

• 2 months later...

I had this strongly recommended to me by illdog so I'm a little disappointed to see that it's not exactly taken everyone else by storm. I've not played very much of it so far, only 20 minutes or so, and it's vagueness doesn't help it to start. It's something I think games can struggle with, when they're abstract in too many ways it can all feel a bit meaningless 

It's nice enough though, and as others have said, it's certainly nice to look at at points. I am still waiting for it to click though 

I played 30-ish minutes of it via game pass before the Christmas break, but it didn't grab me. I also had an issue that I couldn't fix where there was no sound, which did detract from the experience a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I stand by what I said about this, the abstract nature of the world gets in the way. Too many times I've had to look up a solution, and within 3 frames of the video I know exactly what to do. It's something I didn't realise could be interacted with or I didn't know that's how the world worked.

There's a bit towards the end where you're so far removed from why you're doing what you're doing that I assumed we'd completely moved on from that area. As simple as it sounds, a cutscene where someone talks about a locked door or something would have given you a motivation to work towards. As pretty as it is Cocoon's world is meaningless