passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Judas

mmmark

• 2 weeks later...

I got reminded of this:

I'm wondering if Ken Levine can pull off better than this music video.  I like the games he works on but, thematically, he never does anything that deep.  He does a great first play in a game you never want to replay.  

Or giving it the benefit of the doubt; it could be great!

• 1 year later...

A few previews for this were released yesterday. Not sure why, but none I can find are short or quick, and they’re all hour long with sit downs and interviews with Ken Levine with only clips of the game cut in to the video. 

Levine is really interesting to listen talk about games, so I enjoyed this and would recommend. But if you just want the quick summary of what the game is. Well, it’s Bioshock again + rogue-lite story elements? 

I said this before, but when Ken Levine basically abandoned he’s studio to start a new one and work on a whole new game, the talk was it was going to have super in-depth choice and consequence RPG systems and he really wanted to break that next level of having choices matter in games

10 years later the result is more Bioshock

On the one hand a bit underwhelmed that it’s still just Bioshock (from the looks of it), but I still really love the Bioshock games and it’s been a while since there’s been any kind of game like it, so I’m down for this. The little gameplay shown in the video does look cool as well 

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of the Bioshock games, I think the best one is the one he wasn't involved in. But I do like the world he creates, and at least he takes a swing at things. It lands better in Bioshock 1 than it does in Infinite, but at least Levine's stuff has something to it