passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

one-armed dwarf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see why it might be underperforming. There is a lot of repetition as per the current open world formula. Plus, aside from some town specific NPC's. The lame trope characters such as Roche (and this pair that abducted one of the robed figures that I saw last night) really detract from the actual game. It's so apparent that they don't belong in this narrative. That might put some people off.

Worrying. I’ve a lot of problems with Rebith but I still really want them to finish this story off. Hope they still get to fulfil that vision. Plus more time with this battle system and Tifa is always good.

& stop with the Roche slander @OCH. Hes one of my favourite characters. I enjoyed the bit with the pair of kidnappers too. 

I dont really think characters like Roche have anything to do with that

I think its more that the games are overly marketed to and tailored to players of the original, which are a shrinking and aging demograph

(This discuss came up on the previous page I know but half as much as remake is new info at least)

14 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think its more that the games are overly marketed to and tailored to players of the original, which are a shrinking and aging demograph

Personally I think it's the opposite. When most people initially wanted FF7 remade. The intent was a graphical overhaul. A cosmetic upgrade. REmake 1, was cited somewhere I read once, as the ideal for a remake of FF7. Not for the spin-offs to be shoehorned into the story. None of which were interesting. Nor for OC's that have been in a dozen anime and JRPG's before. They forgot this game sold because it was a solid JRPG and instead wanted to use the brand recognition on something else.