MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma II ​🐉​

one-armed dwarf

Now that's a trailer

Vocation swapping

dmc4-styles.gif

Specifically via this class

image.png?ex=65cd43d4&is=65baced4&hm=092

With that, there's no way this doesn't end up having the coolest most open ended and expressive combat of an open world game. Please save us from this Elden Ring shite of stabbing giants in their toes over and over

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of this yesterday... woooooo.

Been thinking whether it would be possible to do themed character crossovers in this or not... it would be cool if they had a seperate category in the Rift where you could hire pre-made Pawns based on other Capcom franchises, Jill and Regina would be permanent party members.❤️

• 3 weeks later...

Think that the final round of previews happened on this over the last day or so, been seeing some rather tasty headlines in any case... haven't actually read any of the articles as the game's being played regardless and I want to go in as blind as possible but I hope they turn out true as opposed to the usual bait and switch these websites do.

I saw they were aiming at 30fps on this. 

Which is a bit like saying "I'm aiming not to shit myself today". 

Can't even get the bare minimum out of them now. I hope they've not fucked this up, it's one of the few games I'm looking forwards to. 

It's uncapped... but still runs closer to 30fps than not apparently. 

Tbh I couldn't give a fuck... I'm still amazed they're making the thing at all.

Uncapped is the problem I think. Capped 30 can be fine, but without a consistent refresh it can be stuttery

Though I don't know why you're bothered Sly, you have a PC to play it on, hopefully it should scale well on that platform. Anyway the previews have been very positive for this, some speculating it could be a breakthrough. Which frankly I don't believe for a second that Itsuno would be given the budget to have a breakthrough hit, but who knows

I am hoping that it is a good port more than anything. I'm not expecting a revolution, just more DD with the rough edges filed off.

Performance is sort of paramount though, keep the combat nice and fluid.

The thread of prophecy is severed, reload your save or persist in this doomed world full of masterworks all lost

Will have to do a Griffith run at some point, Och knows what I mean

(berserk spoilers)

Spoiler

I mean the murdering everyone part, not the other thing he does. I had to put this in, don't get the wrong idea, just good wholesome murdering

Apparently they've released the character creator... which will obviously transfer over to the full game. 

They did, it's great:

Generally speaking it's a really good idea though. Every time a game with a CC comes out I spend at least 30 minutes there which is a bit of a bummer if you want to get some playtime in the first evening.

I'm terrible with character creation tools so I'm just hoping as it's out early they'll be some hot females made and their sliders put online.😆

The only capcom game that was really fucked on release in recent years was Village, cause its DRM interacted weird with other DRM and there was memory leaks everywhere.

The console version is running at an unlocked FPS targetting 30 some of the time, and has some really bad looking FSR even in youtube videos. 

fwiw I don't actually recommend playing DD1 at this point in time, unless DD2 shits the bed it should make DD1 redundant. This is more like when a new Street Fighter comes out, time to move onto the new one

edit DF says it has DLSS so that should help with scalability on the GPU side at least

It's a PC game... it's bound to be fucked in some way or another.😉

69gb on Xbox apparently... that's not too bad. 

Some of the characters I've been seeing popping up from the character creator are amazing. 🤣