passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 4

one-armed dwarf

The demo is out today apparently, it will be shadowdropped at some event capcom is doing.

If it's one of those timed demos like Village that you can only play for 20 minutes while standing on your head between 4pm and 6pm I'll give it a pass. tho I'm sure a pc demo will get cracked anyway

It's called 'Chainsaw Demo' and it doesn't have a shitty time limit

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2231770/Resident_Evil_4_Chainsaw_Demo/

edit I played it, thumbs up. Classic RE4 style of gameplay with some new mechanics that aren't game changing but expand the scope of options a bit (not that much tho, hopefully there's more to see yet)

Main thing was the increased enemy count is very noticeable, so crowd control options beyond iframe melee would be interesting to see

Also it stutters between cutscene transitions and loading certain assets on PC (eg, bear trap), but I don't really care that much about that

Officially excited now I suppose, after being a bit nonplussed to this point

Doubt it'll topple re2 for me as remakes go but am excite

You can really feel in the demo the impact the parry system has on the encounter design. They have way more enemies, maybe 2-3 times as many as the gamecube version, but your mobility options are still close to the original (except for a crouch). They really want you to use that parry, not having a knife in this game will feel like being naked I bet. First upgrade has to be knife durability, no other option

5 hours ago, Nag said:

Oooof... that's a great score, wasn't expecting quite that high.

I think the fact that a super faithful remake of 4 scores this high is testament to how superbly designed those encounters are, and how well paced the entire campaign is.

The controls will age in the original but the level design won't.

I just need something that feels and looks fresh... I can't stand the original game nowadays partly down to it having bad controls compared to newer games and me playing it way too many times and being thoroughly bored of it.