passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

That twin boss at the south east of Caelid can get ultra fucked!!!

So want about a hour and half on it last night. Got the 2nd one down to 1 hits worth of health left and fucked it. Not come close since. Fuck him! 

I would go elsewhere but I literally have no idea where else I can go now. Bit stuck. 

Godrick is DEAD!

That was a LOT easier than Marge!?

Spoiler

Apart from that OHKO grab in phase 2

Considering that was all the time I had today, that felt like a worthwhile play session. Now I've got to work out where that other gate is out of Stormveil. The map isn't really helpful for smaller spaces.

Godrick is a very bread and butter Souls fight. Would still be a hard fight in an old souls game though, but as long as you're in a nice mid range from him you can get in and out of his dangerous attacks pretty swiftly.

I think he should have been the first boss

This is probably about as good as I can do this week for the super boss I've been fighting, I think it's fair to say it's the hardest encounter any of these games has ever had, at least out of the ones I have played. edit nevermind I actually beat it while this post was in draft lol

Spoiler

I know it's a spoiler, but people should see the insane nonsense that is that spin flurry attack. it's a touch of death which requires the most arcane positioning and usage of mechanics I've seen in an action game for a while. Then later the attack gets even worse, thankfully in this run they didnt use the attack later when it stacks a status effect. To be honest, I got very lucky with RNG and busted posture damage. It's not a completely honest victory but I'd had enough anyway lol

I can explain the mech, you

Spoiler

block it with a sturdy shield (high guard boost, my guard boost was 69 nice), iframe dodge roll through the second and for the third flurry you move right into the boss, then when the camera goes crazy you back off and you resolve the mechanic with no damage. But it's sucks so much lol

Still, it's a super cool fight. Got echos of Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts II, never imagined a fight in Souls could be that way. Like I said, without a doubt the hardest fight I've ever seen in one of these games. Anyone else who beats this thing without summons I would bow to, for me my build is pretty cheese with the posture damage so heavy, so I do want to try something a little more dangerous on NG+. Maybe I will graft a dragon to my hand, something really meme-ey and stupid

Glad I got it done by the weekend end tho, so I can have a relaxing time in NG+ after my work is finished tomorrow. No insane anime showdowns for a bit, time to murder a few rabbits instead

10 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Yeah, but the dungeon it's in is the best in the game imo

Interesting. Is it actually different to all the regular copy and paste ones then? Don’t know if I’ll ever reach it, just keeps going & going this game, but we shall see. 

It's a 'legacy' dungeon, so like Stormveil. There's lots of cool paths and secrets. I should stress tho, I liked the dungeon a lot cause it was really challenging, I see people on reddit calling it the worst part of the entire game 😂

I like dungeons where you can fall off of stuff and poison/toxic is a threat, like blighttown

Played lots more over the weekend thanks to the missus being off on her Bridal shower.

Pretty much explored the entirety of Limgrave and the Whispering Plains now and am sitting pretty at Level 40. Managed to somehow find a route around Stormveil Castle and get to the lake area beyond that (which is fucking beautiful!). 

Mostly really enjoying it still but get odd moments where I feel a little bored, I don't like the identikit dungeon design either, they've already outworn their welcome a bit. 

Also explored a really cool underground area buried within Limgrave and defeated the boss there eventually. 

Finally found out how to invade last night so will definitely be doing that in the near future as well.

Still don't fully understand some stuff like the Flask of Physick? I also got a red square under my health bar the other night and had to google how to get rid of it. Luckily it wasn't too difficult.

Pics to follow.

Spoiler

1ACDD6A8-78C9-49FC-8A51-DC33E76CD5C7.jpeg93A35E76-49EF-4DCD-9EC5-D29D07DB95B4.jpeg94FE47FF-FDFB-426B-9104-6C38549C848A.jpeg30C19B6C-99C7-4AA6-95A3-DB041737B5F6.jpeg30097D79-2012-481A-8931-47D31782E76A.jpeg0A4BF2E1-69CD-44F5-B404-74DDEA932DA4.jpeg5203EA9F-8F41-46D6-A8D7-3B6AC4B52C2B.jpeg

Spoiler

BC18A1BD-A368-4168-A084-216EE5914E6A.jpeg

Spoiler

C4FAFB0C-D2FE-49FF-8855-5556C844D848.jpeg

9A89B2E5-B9A3-4F24-B4E3-795CFE1F9A14.jpeg

3F918BF8-29C4-444D-883A-DB2BD5C1B07E.jpeg

E547813B-F396-465A-B50E-ADB636926F8E.jpeg

praise the bridal shower, therefore, time for elden ring

edit btw I've sort of not talked about locations and discoveries and stuff, but late game thing I saw last night (I cant be descriptive of what the spoiler is, so uh dont click on it if you dont want to know)

Spoiler

This fucking 'Mohg' guy, he kidnaps Melania's brother (who is cursed to forever be a child) and keeps him in some sort of blood thing as his 'betrothed'. Easily the most fucked up story for a villain in one of these games. Could not get out of that zone quickly enough lol

Just a quick one today. Following Godrick, I finally popped my INT upto 15. So now I'm currently sporting a fancy looking sword I've had for a while. Where it scales with STR, DEX & INT, it is pretty powerful right now. I kill most regular enemies in 1-2 hits and found some Shadow of the Colossus-type guy, laying down, along my travels. He died in 6 hits. There is only one path I can see untaken in Stormveil Castle. Can't seem to get near it without being annihilated by Ballista though? So I decided to travel south to the part of the map I haven't gone near yet.

My impressions of NG+ are fairly lukewarm. For one, they take away all your smithing bells. That sucks cause you need those more than ever on NG+. Good idea to grind before going in maybe. The world exploration also feels a little weird. This is a game all about the slow crawl across the map, unlocking new weapons and skills as you go. It isn't as rewarding to just 'go' as you please, it's not built like that at all. Progression is my biggest issue with Elden Ring I think, it's hard to find a path that is satisfying if you want the challenge to be consistent

I'm speculating on lore stuff in this spoiler block, it contains spoilers for absolutely everything. So dont click unless you dont care about that. IMO, please dont click on this until you beat the game and come back, and tell me why I got it all wrong lol

Spoiler

That's right, a 2nd spoiler block inside the first one. last chance

Spoiler

There is I think an occult theme in this game. One of the item descriptions for a high level incantation tells you that the 'greater will' sent a 'beast' to the Lands Between which became the Elden Ring. You fight an enemy called Elden beast at the end, so that checks out. There's also some other stuff that talks about meteorites hitting the planet, and these things called' Alabastar lords' which taught meteorite magic to people like Rhadan. A combination of these things/events could explain the source of a lot of stuff

You've got characters like Ranni who's questline is all about tearing down the current order (the 'two fingers', which I think are just a representative of whatever the things I'm calling aliens are) and replacing it with a new one. it's still a bit vague to me, but I think it's about a rebellion against whatever alien overlords are in control in the Lands Between. Characters like Marika feel like a sort of figurehead put in by whoever these things are but at some point it seems marika herself tried to tear things down cause one item description mentions that the assassins of Godwyn had close bonds with her, and then she gets crucified basically inside the Erd Tree. Radagon is the one who shattered the elden ring, and apparently radogan is marika or something. Gets a bit kingdom hearts

The erd tree itself also seems to be spreading sickness, but this is something I understand a little less (I dont know where the tree even comes from). But when godwyn dies they bury his body in the foot of the erd tree. Thing is, you can actually find that body in the game. It's all weird looking, and he has a fish tail and a silly face. Something is 'wrong' with it, and you can see that same face underneath stormveil, it looks like a squid. Rogier the NPC talks about it and it curses him when he finds it. All the erdtree roots in the catacombs are full of corpses intertwined, and certain undead/ghost enemies drop something called 'deathroot', which is eaten by the owner of the death blade (cant remember name, but it is the sword which drops a shard that is used to kill demigods like Ranni does to herself, and to Godwyn). so something majorly disruptive happened to the cycle of life and death in the game, is the overall theme I think. If it's cause of how Godwyn died I dunno. But basically it seems to cause undead things to exist, or as the game calls it 'those who live in death', and people who worship the golden order, or the way things used to be before all the bad shit happened, they go around trying to kill anyone who is trying to bring about more of this sort of thing. Tho I dont fully get the motive of all involved

Other thing I notice, the side of every divine tower facing the erdtree looks all knobbly and corrupted. But not other buildings. Hard to know if there's supposed to be something to take from that. I think ultimately tho it's going to be one of those things where there will be massive gaps in understanding of what's really going on, then like with Bloodborne there will be a DLC that will answer some pretty significant questions (while still leaving a ton of shit basically unanswered, as usual)

Aside from this, something I like also is how all the spells and incantations describe the school from which they were made, and how certain spells created by the caria royals will be used by the NPCs in that particular zone. Then the 'army of the cuckoo', or whatever they call the ones around the academy, they have their own as well. You can even find them at one point on the lake map fighting each other, using their own particular brand of magic on one another. These are cool examples of attention to detail, when the skills NPCs are using reflects their 'side'

Ah, of course the game has the one thing I hate almost as much as giant spiders…

Spoiler

Giant ants

I’ve mostly been exploring the Liurnia area but I’ve taken a break from that and am now exploring the area to the east of Limgrave, beyond the Burned Church.

Went back to it last night as the fiancée fell asleep and managed to find one spot in Limgrave I hadn't explored yet, right next to the border with Caelid. So went off exploring up here, found a new dungeon and defeated the boss there, found a church and got invaded (I presume it was an AI invader) and then the lure of exploring a small part of Caelid got to me and I went off to the nearest Erdtree and managed to cheese the Avatar there until he was deceased.

Pretty much been procrastinating this whole time before having to go to Stormveil Castle and now I think that's where I'm headed next.