passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

They straight up added a new NPC quest to the game lol

To be fair, the quest is one that already exists that is bugged. But that is super cool stuff all the same, a good thing my NG+ save has barely progressed any NPCs stuff or gone into 'no return' territory, so I can check it out

Lots of balance changes to the more cheap and broken stuff as well. Sorry dudes, if you haven't beaten 

Spoiler

Malenia

yet, well you snooze you lose 🤣

edit actually here is the biggest change. NPC tracker, it now shows the names and icon of NPCs on the map. So you no longer have to scrape the entirety of the Lands Between to find out where Millicent went on her completely ambiguously defined quest, for instance, it just tells you. A little bit of an anti-Souls design change there, but completely needed in a game as big as this. Now everyone has a way to do NPC quests without spoiling themselves on fextralife, a great change

This is a cool video, Godrick boss fight

Spoiler

One thing I think people overlook is how powerful jump attacks are in this. Godrick is basically the 'tutorial' for jump attacks, it becomes way more important later on. Offensive defense, the biggest thing it takes from Sekiro.

Very cool and unique approach this dude has to INT/DEX (video says STR as well, so a pretty even spread), makes me want to try it out again. His channel is full of DMC videos which is how I know about him, he tries to make all these very 'cinematic' style fight sequences.

I've been exploring the Weeping Peninsula today. Morne was easier than expected and, even got my first victory against the tree avatars. Well, one of them. I opted to try my luck against the one in the lakes, again. To no success so far. Realising that I might need to start adding some HP to my build🤔

Went down a well, ended up in Caelid..

And I thought the marshes in the west were miserable...😒

Although through random adventure, I raided a fort and ended up in front of a giant castle. Those little teleporters are a real risk/reward thing. I appeared outside said giant castle and rode like hell to avoid the many, many guards and traps outside. Eventually found a back way in. But ran out of flasks before I found a bonfire. Getting trapped in a room by two big kitty cats outside. So I had to escape to Roundtable, with 11K runes in my pocket. The ability to escape on a whim is pretty broken, I guess.

I dunno what build he was going for but everything is strong as fuk in this game imo, a bunch of stuff got buffs too. Arcane bleed builds, sorcery is better too

Except my build here, my build is the only one that actually sucks. an attempt was made to fight (secret boss)

Spoiler

Malenia on NG+ with dragon hands at lvl 147, but physical and mental limits were hit. Shit is just super hard. 

Why does she get an instant kill grab but I dont? I am the grappler in this situation! But all I have are fucking two handed jumping overheads and kidney punches. i work so hard for my damage 😢

I suppose a sucky build tho is what I deserve for beating the game with moonveil, the literal best weapon in the game prepatch (maybe even still post patch, with its 30 percent posture L2 R2 nerf)

There are hidden walls in that place (volcano manor) that just activated when i was near them or rolled. I think there's just a different logic in that place resolving invisible walls, I don't think there are lots of 50 hit invisible walls in the game

Down the thread someone asks if they use the

Spoiler

incantation that actually reveals the walls and someone says it doesn't work on these

So I'm thinking it's just specifically cause of the weird way that manor works compared to everything else

edit in fact they disable your attack in a lot of areas in that place, so that's why they need to be rolled or stepped near. So I think there's a weird outcome with the logic here where he was on the 'violence is ok' side and the game couldnt figure it out

Mild spoilers (nothing story related):

Spoiler

Still looking for the glinstone key. I’ve reached the end of the Carian Manor in the north of Liurnia so I’ll be taking on whatever boss is there next. After this I’ll go do the Carian Study Hall I guess. The key could be anywhere I guess. Could be in any one of the towers dotted around the swamp that tend to be guarded by lobsters. Could be sold by a merchant somewhere.

One of the Gaol bosses dropped an amulet that boosts your stats but causes you to take more damage. The stat boost is quite significant so I’ve been using it. Haven’t noticed the game get exponentially harder or anything.

11 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I dunno what build he was going for but everything is strong as fuk in this game imo, a bunch of stuff got buffs too. Arcane bleed builds, sorcery is better too

I recently got the mimic tear ash and put everything into it immediately, level 8 or 9. At first he was boss, now he’s thick as shit and using basically no abilities like before. Wasted upgrades…

I started going for the Moonveil when I read about it. Put all my stones and levelling into it, was wrecking fools. Now it takes forever to break posture and even though there’s proof it hasn’t, Im still sure it does less damage now. It feels like chip damage rather than real damage it was doing before. For reference im now in

Spoiler

the divine area and that raised area after Ranni’s quest. I still beat that Ranni quest boss and dragon after the debuff but still.

Twats.

*BTW im not that bothered

really. But it has ruined my build slightly. People take me too seriously these days for some reason. It’s only a game. 

Played for 6 hours last night and feel like I didn’t really get anywhere despite beating a story boss. Just feel really overwhelmed with how big this game is, it’s kind of putting me off really, I don’t want to be playing this for the next 3 months but it seems like that’s what is going to have to happen if I’m going to finish it. 

Spent a lot of time exploring all the nooks and crannies at Stormveil Castle, couldn’t figure out how to get to the old bridge after I defeated Godrick (2nd time solo with ash summons ✌️) so that took me fucking ages of scratching my head trying to get to it and getting hopelessly lost.

Went to Caelid briefly to help an NPC down a mine, then back to Limgrave to explore an area I’d neglected, opened a chest which took me to a random dungeon half way across the other side of the map. 

Didn’t know where to go after this so travelled to Liurnia and had an explore round the lake getting utterly lost here. Just feel really overwhelmed with how big this is and it’s putting me off it a bit.

I don’t think the open world is anywhere near as good or effective enough as BOTW, obviously I have issues with that game too but this doesn’t engage you anywhere near as much. BOTW constantly made you go ‘ooo what’s that?’ Whereas in this, in between churches, ruins, dungeons and such I'm just a bit bored. 

Damn, a botw post from Blakey I agree on

I think it shows that this is from's first throw at open world. A lot of critics out there are saying that FROM are showing people how it's done, but I don't feel this way about it. I think it's an open world with patches of excellence marred by hours of stuff that's just very standard.

To me, it reminds me of an open world in an MMO, with how demarcated all the different regions are and the handful of ways you can get between them. Versus the countless adventures getting from A to B in BOTW. It's why I don't feel it has much in common with that game aside from some surface level things

The closest I get to seeing something really interesting in its OW was when I tried a new save as a lvl 1 wretch and accidentally ended up in Caelid, which to me now feels like it's designed as an endgame zone beginners can accidentally wander into, rather than a fully fleshed out zone like the others. Had to sneak past monster patrols and fight them with items. Had a phantom pain feel to it, but the main game is rarely like that

5 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

A lot of critics out there are saying that FROM are showing people how it's done, but I don't feel this way about it. I think it's an open world with patches of excellence marred by hours of stuff that's just very standard.

Someone I watch on YouTube said it best. Currently Elden Ring is in it's honeymoon period ala 10/10's etc, etc When that period is over. Reactions will be a bit more critical. Like how much jank comes with riding the horse...

RE: Invisible Walls, hopefully this doesn't end up another Dark Souls 2 situation. Where you had to do different things to activate different walls. That was a terrible idea.

I mean at the end of the day tho, I still think the game is excellent despite getting off on a bad foot with it. But as you say I think it will mellow out a bit, I think it'll be a lot like DSII in that there's great and bad things about it. At this point I'd change my ranking a bit and place it above DSIII, but below the others (not having an opinion on Sekiro or DeS)

As a whole package, it will always be a shame that the great bits in Dark 2 will be forever maligned, due to the bad. I am enjoying this more post-Marge. Not a bad boss but a bad choice for Boss number one.

Also, a bit of a strange revelation yesterday. I had completely missed a magic vendor. Very early game area that I had noted on my map. But not explored for some reason? The Blue Magic in this game is quite interesting so far. Especially the off hand combo potential