passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Opening Night Live

Maryokutai

I thought it looked really good. Much better than last year’s game. What a fucking mess. Last year’s game was all about cell agents, mind control, propaganda, Cold War (Obvs) but the mixture of trash levels and all over the place narrative was such a mess to play through. It was like a roller coaster that instead of having slopes and climbs just kept flying off to the side every 30 minutes. Not good.

This game looks a lot more consistent in what they’re going for at least. The thing that they’re getting even better at still with these roller coaster games is the build up before the drop. I thought the trailer showed that off particularly well.

Probably the wrong year for it with all the Activision/Blizzard stuff but I dunno I’m rooting for this game. It looks good.

Gotta admit I completely lost track of CoD. The last one I can remember being a thing was the one where they were in space or something, that was a few years ago I think. No clue what has happened since with that series except for that Warzone spin-off everyone was talking about because its install size is 200GB or something.

I never played the space one although by all accounts it’s really good.

After they went back to WW2 and it was meh

Then they did Black Ops 4 which I didn’t play

Then they rebooted Modern Warfare and it was excellent although obviously not as impactful as the original

Then they remade Modern Warfare 2 which for my money still one of the best FPS of all time

Then they made Black Ops: Cold War last year and it was garbage

Now back to WW2

Anyway @Maryokutai play Ninja Turtles with me I get to be Donatello 

• 11 months later...

The fact they have Geoff reading off a card, to throw to a video, then the video has 2 people that throw to another video, makes you wonder about the live part of the show.

Surely the point of the 

OH MY GOD GIVE ME THE POKEMON CAR I CAN’T EVEN DRIVE BUT I DESERVE IT 

I had it on in the background podcast style while doing some gothic 2 grinding, instead of directly watching it. I think the new Sony controller might actually be the best announcement at it tbh. Like the Lords of the Fallen and the Bloodborne looking thing didn't look bad, but that's a formula I feel pretty much over with by this point, even Elden Ring was disappointing.

Anyway it's a pretty good time to be playing nothing but old games. I'll surely have every CRPG from this list beat before the generation starts: https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

I only caught the second half which was full of stuff I’ve already forgotten. It Gotham Knights, Where Winds Meet, Phantom something or other looked cool. 

Ending on Dead Island though 😴 When will people give up on first person melee games there’s no good in it