passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

DisturbedSwan

I really liked the first game, a lot.

However, I assumed it didn't sell that well as it dropped in price pretty sharply (for a Mario featured game) and often pops up on the eShop for under £15, so I'm kind of surprised they'll be a sequel.

Well, okay, I'm out of the forum until Wednesday then I suppose.

Or rather just keep the E3 thread open to mess about during conferences.

@topic: a probably unavoidable sequel but good to see regardless. 

Edit: ah, sweet, they announced it during the UbiSoft show, so the Nintendo Direct is still under wraps.

Looks great, though I hate how the first couple of seconds of the CGI trailer made me think of BG&E2.

• DisturbedSwan changed the title to Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • 1 year later...

Watching this footage finally gave me the answer as to why the first one never really clicked with me: the way you progress through the game. Looking back it wasn't that different from FFXIII when you think about it as you run through a corridor and occasionally will be forced into a battle, rinse, repeat. It's a very rigid structure with minimal sidetracking aspects and I always found myself losing interest after 20-30 minutes of playing already and I I'm pretty sure this was the reason in retrospect. Kind of odd how I never noticed it when playing.

tl;dn: this new way of designing areas and levels where you can move around freely and will start combat engagements by touching enemies on the world map, JRPG style, looks like a massive improvement. It's a bit lame that a potential Rosalina and Rabbit Bowser seem to be held back for DLC but otherwise this looks like a genuinely big step forward.

• 3 months later...