passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Outriders

Whiskey_chaser

On 16/04/2021 at 04:51, Nag said:

Slowly but surely this is making its way in to the 'fucking annoying' category... I'm level 25, world tier 7 and things weren't going too badly but the last few areas have seen a massive difficulty spike, I'm being melted by pretty much everything and it's forcing me to play the game as a cover shooter which is boring as fuck in this game.

The worst thing is I'm not entirely sure why everything is shredding me all of a sudden, this game is supposed to be a bit of a power trip and being raped by mooks repeatedly isn't exactly fun.

Unless the game actually drops some helpful equipment soon I'll just bid it bollocks and drop the world tier down to 5 and run to the end.

Yeah - the difficulty is all over the shop. You can melt through people in one section and then get absolutely screwed over on the next. Are you playing co-op? It's a heck f a lot easier, the difficulty doesn't seem to ramp up by much with other players, and the revive you get is invaluable.

• 1 month later...

Decided to start the full game now after all and played up until the point where I stopped the demo (right after beating Electro). That was a big demo btw. in hindsight.

Started from scratch instead of importing my character and went for the Technomancer instead of the Pyro because I was struggling to stay alive quite a bit in the demo and Technomancer's passive of self-healing for every shot you pt into an enemy seemed like the kind of help I needed. It's not as "empowering" a class as the pyromancer as you're not throwing fire around the map, but the turrets and gadgets you put on the screen are really powerful. There were a couple of situation where I had to restart a battle as the pyro but with this class it was just smooth sailing all along (though maybe they adjusted some stuff for the final release, no idea).

Still think it's god primitive fun and the ideal game for times like these when it's 5000° outside and you can't focus on anything remotely serious.

I have to say, even though I expected a solid shooter from People can Fly and enjoyed the demo, I'm still surprised how much I like this game. It's just very fun classic videogame stuff that keeps rewarding you with loot, level-ups, new skills etc. at frequent enough intervals to keep you motivated. Unlike, say, Destiny, it's also a perfectly fine single-player game with a clear, linear and easy-to-understand structure, an okay storyline and surprisingly diverse (visually) areas.

It doesn't get too crazy with mission design, probably because shooting a bunch of enemies in an arena is the easiest way to make something that works both alone and with friends, but the immediate gameplay is fun enough for that to not become too big of an issue. And to be fair, the competition doesn't really shine in that regard either, Gears is just arena after arena as well.

The only annoying thing is that it is an online-only game. I had to stop playing the day before yesterday because there was server maintenance and it takes forever to log in when you boot up the game. I have no plans at all to ever play this in multiplayer so it's a bit dumb I have to go through all that. This also makes sure that I will never buy the disc version for the collection because it will be useless in five years.

• 6 months later...

Oh, hang on never mind

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum: 35-50 hours
  • Offline Trophies: 0
  • Online Trophies: 44 (1trophy, 4trophy, 7trophy, 32trophy) – The game requires constant internet connection but all trophies can be done solo, no need to team up with other players

It means you @Nag it’s saying I don’t need to team up with you see how do you like it when the internet is mean 🥺

I get why people are pretty medium on this game. It's quite basic in both it's 3rd person shooting and loot progression. Lot of games doing these things a lot more interestingly. But I dunno. It's basic fun. 

I'm playing the Trickster Class which lets my guy use a massive energy sword, slow down time, and teleport behind people. Not sure what is so Trickster about 2 of those powers but it's fun enough. 

Remember when Giant Bomb used to talk about B games? It's like a good B game (Despite having really high production, the type and overall quality of it makes it feel like a B game) 

I'm enjoying it. I like shooting stuff. 

The game this reminds me of most is Borderlands 1. Firstly because yeah it’s a loot shooter. Also because it’s basic, repetitive, straight forward, a lot of enemies run at you. But most importantly I get bored of it after playing for an hour. Then after 10 minutes I have this itch to pick it back up and play more. It’s true dumb fun. 

Anyway I beat the big lava spider boss. I didn’t really understand where the weak points were on it’s 3rd phase but managed to win so I’ll take it. 

• 2 months later...

I started this before I had to rush off to work, so only 30 minutes with scenes skipped. 

It’s alright isn’t it. Nothing massively magical but good solid fun. Dunno if it’s had an upgrade on SX but it looks lush. Nice popping colours.