passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

Maf

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-22-yes-batman-arkham-developer-rocksteady-is-making-a-suicide-squad-game

Rocksteady’s next game is a Suicide Squad game? Apparently to be officially revealed in August

A list of leaked domain names has set internet tongues wagging that Rocksteady, developer of Batman Arkham Asylum, is working on a game centred on DC's Suicide Squad.

The domain names popped up yesterday on Restera, where fans noted they were registered by a company connected to Warner Bros. Eurogamer understands this to be accurate.

Both projects are set to be teased at Warner Bros.' upcoming DC Fandome event in August, Eurogamer understands.

Could be cool I suppose as long as it won't be something like the new Avengers game.

Depends a lot on what kind of game it'll be and which team members they're going to pick. I'd love to have Oracle in there for example as a nice continuity nod to their Arkham titles.

• 1 month later...

That twitter leak sounds like hot garbage à la Avengers but unfortunately it also makes complete sense, from the multiplayer aspect to the PS-exclusive deal.

I'll be sad for a minute or two that I won't be able to play Poison Ivy in 2021 and then I'll move on to the Court of Owls game.

Well we know Rocksteady has been working on this for a while and unless you're Naughty Dog, you're not going to work 5+ years on a single player game because that just doesn't make sense for a third-party publisher that hasn't the name Square or Enix in it.

I very much think this will be just like Avengers. Possibly a bit better since it's not going to be cross-gen, but potentially much more money-grubbing since WB is a really disgusting publisher that loves milking their customers to the last cent.

Again, brought to you with the support of my Crystal BallTM.

Let's hope for the best.

Looks very multiplayer focused and that's probably the safest but also the lamest Suicide Squad lineup they could probably have come up with. Except maybe for King Shark, who's cool, but imagine the waiting times in lobbies because nobody wants to be Boomerang.

Not sold on this one. But it's also so far away still that's it's hard to care whether you like the trailer or not.

Looks boring. Granted I’m not interested in this game anyway but I got 30 seconds in before scrubbing through for gameplay and since there isn’t none - boring. 

Video game trailers with no gameplay are lame. Only exceptions if there is already a gameplay trailer out. 

2 hours ago, Nag said:

2022?... Really?

I liked the trailer though.

that was my reaction too ?  Obviously I'd rather them release it when it's ready, and they probably felt they had to show something, but after all this time all they've got is a (decent I thought) CG trailer, eesh 

23 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

imagine the waiting times in lobbies because nobody wants to be Boomerang.

Does everyone hate Boomerang because Jai Courtney played him in the film (because I'm on board with that) or was it perfect casting of someone that everyone hates being played by someone who is hated by everyone?

I don't know about the actor. But I also don't think people hate the character, it's just that he's an extremely bland, boring stereotype. An Australian who's called Captain Boomerang already says it all.

I think this game makes the same mistake as The Avengers, i.e. trying too hard to be like the movies. There's a truckload of cool characters they could have used here. Personally I would have liked another female for a 50:50 ratio, like Killer Frost.

• Maf changed the title to Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League