passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Returnal

DisturbedSwan

It’s hard to understand what this game is exactly. Looks sort of like a Vanquish kind of shooter meets Rogue-like? Not sure, but I’m a big fan of House Marque. They are really good at action. I was worried when they put out that statement a while ago saying they were moving away from arcadey style games, but instead it looks like they’re making a bigger budget game but keeping those same arcade style sensibilities still. I think this has a chance being low-key good just because of what they’ve done before. 

• 2 months later...

That character looks terrible

Maybe not launch day but I’m doubling down on Spider-Man, Demon’s Souls and Returnal being this year.

I don’t know if this game will be good but Housemarque have a really strong track record so I’m interested in this. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

The map also looks very Metroid, have they said anything about what it will actually be? Going from the first trailer I expected a straight action shooter but there seems to be a bit more about this.

They haven’t said/shown much about it yet. It’s an FPS with rogue-like elements about a Pilot that gets stuck in a time loop on a Planet.

Usually the same story for me but one of my favourite Wii U games was Zombi U (which has Roguelike elements) and I absolutely adored it. If it can work as well in this as it did in that then yeah, I'll be a happy chappy. 

The premise of it and pedigree of the developer are pulling me in as well.